What Manitou fork is this?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I'm finding Cyclingdeal very confusing. What is this Mattoc pro? All the reviews show the 29+ fork having a black stanchion and this hasn't. Or is it just the pics wrong? Is this a good "trail" fork? If I understand correctly it can be increased from 120 to 140mm with travel spacers? For $200 more is it better to go for a Mezzer even for a trail bike or is it overkill?

Attachments

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The last manitou forks I bought from Cycling Deal (Circus Experts), the picture & everything in the description showed/referenced older stock like that, but what showed up was a brand new 2021 version that was out of stock everywhere at the time. I think they just don't update the listings.

DMan

The last manitou forks I bought from Cycling Deal (Circus Experts), the picture & everything in the description showed/referenced older stock like that, but what showed up was a brand new 2021 version that was out of stock everywhere at the time. I think they just don't update the listings.
That would be cool.

DMan

Sadly I don't it will work. Says the crown to axle is 551 on a 29 120mm. Raising it to 140mm will raise my front by 20mm I presume. I'm 555 now on a fox34 140mm

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Sadly I don't it will work. Says the crown to axle is 551 on a 29 120mm. Raising it to 140mm will raise my front by 20mm I presume. I'm 555 now on a fox34 140mm
Check out the Manitou site for the current specs as the cyclingdeal site is likely out of date.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I get the impression cycling deal have little idea what they are selling at times. I have asked them a few questions and the responses are not always helpful.

DMan

Same as this one right?

Is 29"+ (plus size) wheels what you're going for?
Yes. But on cyclingdeal they have a pic of a different fork. Only the 120mm can be increased to 140mm apparently.

moorey

call me Mia
Which wasn't boost or came in a 29 option. Ordered a pro so we'll see what turns up. If it looks like that I'll send it back
Unless it is just something OEM.
Are black stanchions a deal breaker?

Cough…mezzer…cough.

DMan

Unless it is just something OEM.
Are black stanchions a deal breaker?

Cough…mezzer…cough.
Lol. No. Just want the good internals. The description they list pretty much says mini mezzer. If it's not it's going back.
I know, I know the wanabe EWS rider in me screamed Mezzer....

Last edited: