What place has the best and most DH trails?

Where for DH

• Thredbo

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Buller

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Falls Creek

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • other

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

zen

Squid
G'day,

New to Vic, got a DH rig and finally some time to go riding (6 days) in time for the last weeks of the shuttle season.

Where will give me the best DH experience?

Options are Thredbo, Buller or Falls Creek.

I'm in Geelong and its ~7 rs plus to Thredbo (sounds like the chairlift is running) but less than 4 hrs to Buller. Is Thredbo better than Buller for DH and worth the extra trip?
Falls Ck is midway but I have the impression that it is not as good as Thredbo/Buller (but has a 2 for 1 special on). Falls Creek has 6 new trails but none of them DH?

Mt Beauty has no shuttles on the date I'll be going so rules that out.

Or is there somewhere else worth going I'm missing?

Thanks for your thoughts

disappearin

Likes Dirt
Have you checked out bright? It's got some good runs.
Thredbo runs the chair everyday so good option mid week, I think most other places only run weekends.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
check out blue dirt shuttles for shuttle days , there are a few face book shuttle services too .

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you checked out bright? It's got some good runs.
Thredbo runs the chair everyday so good option mid week, I think most other places only run weekends.
Bright is killer but the shuttle road on the descent is scary as hell .

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Buller and bright have more variety than Thredbo. I absolutely loved my time at Buller and bright.

zen

Squid
Yes, especially if you've never been before.
Thanks for the thoughts y'all.

Yeah, I haven't been to any of them.

Just know how much better a chairlift is than shuttles, but ultimately it's the tracks that are memorable!

Do the shuttles at Buller only run at the five times specified? Ie you go up, bomb down, then have to go all the way back to Mirimbah for the next shuttle 1.5 hours later?

VicRiders

Likes Dirt
Do the shuttles at Buller only run at the five times specified? Ie you go up, bomb down, then have to go all the way back to Mirimbah for the next shuttle 1.5 hours later?
The DH shuttles at Buller from Blue Dirt are continuously running throughout the day (pickup from the Lower Tyrol carpark), only the all mountain (from Mirimbah) are scheduled at times throughout the day (on certain weekends only as well).

zen

Squid
The DH shuttles at Buller from Blue Dirt are continuously running throughout the day (pickup from the Lower Tyrol carpark), only the all mountain (from Mirimbah) are scheduled at times throughout the day (on certain weekends only as well).
Ah sweet, thanks for that, Buller it is! Save myself many extra hours in the car and put into riding instead :bounce: