What shoes do you wear

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You cant beat 5-10's, you really, really just cannot beat them. If you've got $170 to spend on shoes, buy some 5-10's.

Big_Al

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I found some old street shoes lying around. They have a really soft rubber waffle bottom so the pins of my pedals go right through it and the grip is amazing
Anything with a soft rubber bottom like really soft..

GO THE DUNLOP VOLLEY CLUB!!!!

haha clearly the best shoe ever. all that ankle protection. haha im pretty sure most shoe's arent gonna hlep you unless your wearing motor bike boots or those nuts cadet boots which go up your shin. and if your foot comes off the pedal and gets stuck on something your pretty much garanteed to have a stuffed ankle unless you are in those boots. so for the best of it.

GO THE DUNLOP VOLLEY CLUB!!!!

p.s. best buy in best and less for 16.95!!

Atomikryder

Likes Dirt
i got a pair of some DC's and on the inside off the shoe where the crank arm rums the shoe has some pading which helps it slide past it better. And the steel cap work boots are good

paiaro

Pro Rider
if you don't want your feet slipping off the pedal i think clips would be the way to go but if you like drifting and getting the foot off apparently 5-10 shoes are the new d2 or v10 but i use dcs at the moment but i think ill join the 5-10 club soon.

Little T

Likes Dirt
Well at the moment I'm riding in dunlop volleys and they are holding up really well after about 5 months. But soon i will be riding in 5.10's as i have some on order.

So if Pushi has none (ended up giving them a deposit for some), De Grandi has none, Goldcross has none, Bike Factor has none and Spelean has none and can't advise me when they will be getting a shipment, well that's not good....

Considering I had made a down payment on a pair and no one can advise me when I may be able to get them, I am one frustrated customer. They are not doing the product justice. Maybe it is the fault of the manufacturer and not the importer for not supplying enough in the first place???

End rant, yes they are great shoes. If you can get some you will not be dissapointed, fortunately for me I am one happy Nike customer.
Mate buy some off fortheriders.com ... im sure it will be the best $170 you'll ever spend. Here's a link for the shoes... http://www.fortheriders.com/store/product.php?productid=164&cat=26&page=1

PAGEY#404

Likes Dirt
shoes

GOOD OLD VOLLEYS, ive been ridin in volleys for about a year now, but its not good when ya come into the rock gardens:( :( :(

shred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
anyone tryed dunlop vollies?? thats what i got, very cheap and got a good grip pattern on the bottom, pedal pins slide right into

Knight

Likes Dirt
I'm involved with cadets at school and we use 8 inch boots. They go about 1/3 of the way up my shin and work with shinnies. Mine have titanium reinforcement in just about every section and really sticky rubber soles...SOLID and grippy on my pedals. They cost about $80 and have lasted so much longer than other shoes I've used. Much stronger, much better protection from everything you'll encounter. My 2cents worth.

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
I have been using a pair of Puma urban swade 'sp' street kicks with the must have Phat laces. nice and flat, but not to soft.

But have been looking into some of the new Shim DX flatties as the next 'foot to pedal' interface.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shitmano SPD shoes with time cleats most of the time but if I'm using flatties then Etnies skate shoes, can't get into specifics though I've had them all for years.

bigkevthumper

Likes Dirt
yeah volleys are awesome for the money so comfy and they grip really nicely. so damn cheap comopared to $100 + fancy skate shoes
I would have to agree with you on that, that the volleys are great but when you have been do downhill riding for a day they dont have much support in them and your feet start to get sore.