What should I buy - Norco sight or canyon Spectral?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
How much and where from?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Atleast seven!
No idea about current pricing. Tbh nobody really asks those questions seriously, I normally get replies of “yeah nah bruv too exxy” and suchwhat along those lines.

Supersports is aus distro.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Atleast seven!
No idea about current pricing. Tbh nobody really asks those questions seriously, I normally get replies of “yeah nah bruv too exxy” and suchwhat along those lines.

Supersports is aus distro.
Yeah nah.. I knew there's a reason I haven't been looking at them.

Original question?

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Mate at work is in exactly the same dilemma right now.

I've been basically commanding him to buy a Norco Sight.
To my eyes they look like the absolute all rounder, with a nice dash of aggro.
I like the fact you can buy high spec aluminium models.
And choose your wheel size too.
Norco just make ultra capable no-bullshit Mountain bikes you could thrash for yonks.

Nothing wrong with the Spectral.
3 things come to mind (good or bad) :
  • Stack height
  • Model range weighted towards CF (some Ali models too)
  • Availability / warranty service / shipping etc
  • Great vfm. (at least they were a couple of years ago)

Disclaimer:
I have not owned or ridden either, so I am just another shit talker on a forum... .. but maybe my reply helps....?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
What spec level are you going for and budget?

I had this and ended up with a pretty fresh Norco on the used market, but prior to that I think I had the Norco in front for the alu models. Canyon pricing is not that stellar anymore.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Do you want to wait indefinitely for your canyon?

Current model transitions are an expensive item. You can. Scoop older model frames for a reasonable price but it still won't be a bargain outcome when you finish.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt

I had this and ended up with a pretty fresh Norco on the used market, but prior to that I think I had the Norco in front for the alu models. Canyon pricing is not that stellar anymore.
Yeah I tend to agree. It's solid pricing but not as good as a Norco on sale or a runout on last year's model.

herbman

Likes Dirt
Norco, it feels like you are sitting in it rather than on top of it which is the feeling I got on the canyon

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I have a 2017 Sight A7.1, and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Such a fun, playful, capable trail bike.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
From what I have heard the 2020 650B Sight is going to be 150mm rear with slacker headangle like a mini enduro rig. On my watch list with Bronson and Meta AM 29 and Transition Patrol (and the Guerrilla Gravity Mega trail).

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
From what I have heard the 2020 650B Sight is going to be 150mm rear with slacker headangle like a mini enduro rig. On my watch list with Bronson and Meta AM 29 and Transition Patrol (and the Guerrilla Gravity Mega trail).
Awesome! Any link? When do Norco typically release their models?

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt

What made you come to the conclusion that the Norco AL models we ahead of the Spectral ALs?

The top Spec AL Spectral (AL6 $3649) is priced similarly to the entry level Sight (A3 $3600) and the components on the A3 are definitely lower than AL6. To be fair, Canyon charges $200 for delivery so factor that it and compare it to the Sight A2 ($4300) and the Spectral still comes out ahead with $450 spare change.

@pineapplehead what's your budget?

Assuming its around $5k ... Components spec wise ... the Spectral wins by far. (Sight C7.3 vs Spectral CF8.0)
Even the CF7 which is getting close to 1k cheaper has a better spec.

Not saying the Sight is a bad bike or anything.
Sure the Norco gets better on runout but don't you want to compare pricing to purchase a bike at any given time of the year?

I feel like I sound like a Canyon fanboi but actually I'm just a direct to consumer fanboi.
Worth checking out the Jeffsy or a Commencal too.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
What made you come to the conclusion that the Norco AL models we ahead of the Spectral ALs?

The top Spec AL Spectral (AL6 $3649) is priced similarly to the entry level Sight (A3 $3600) and the components on the A3 are definitely lower than AL6. To be fair, Canyon charges $200 for delivery so factor that it and compare it to the Sight A2 ($4300) and the Spectral still comes out ahead with $450 spare change.

@pineapplehead what's your budget?

Assuming its around $5k ... Components spec wise ... the Spectral wins by far. (Sight C7.3 vs Spectral CF8.0)
Even the CF7 which is getting close to 1k cheaper has a better spec.

Not saying the Sight is a bad bike or anything.
Sure the Norco gets better on runout but don't you want to compare pricing to purchase a bike at any given time of the year?

I feel like I sound like a Canyon fanboi but actually I'm just a direct to consumer fanboi.
Worth checking out the Jeffsy or a Commencal too.
Yeah all good considerations.
I totally agree that the specs on the norco are way below the spectral.
In my favour is that I'm in no immediate rush, so will take the time to sit on these and others.

damo666

Likes Dirt
Jump onto bookface and find the Canyon Spectral Owners group. LOTS and lots of posts there about cracked chainstays....with plenty of guys on their 2nd & 3rd replacements. A real shame, because it looks like a fantastic bike otherwise.