What trail features do you want/need to get better at

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I had a cornering lesson main point was to stay off seat, keep body upright ,weight outside foot and lean bike over .
For those that ski its a bit like edging on ice.
when all else fails or the downhill corner is v tight I use the back brake to skid a bit !!!!
Sure you don't skid in corners? #shame

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Sorry yes 50% chance I'd get it wrong.
Was trying to imagine it . He had us pushing the handlebars across to tip the bike.
Super tight corners pushing weight back helps.
We rode some v tight donkey track rocky switch backs with exposure with the inside foot + leg out like an outrigger to balance.
Yeah, I've found that getting your inside knee out as far as possible really helps in tight turns.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Me too. Corner speed and stopping the front wheel washing out... Less of the leaning with the bike and staying more upright - ie banished shitty habits!
Like many commenting here, I feel I could be better at most things except drinking beer at the end of the ride (got that down). Surprising recent improvement to cornering for me has been a new bike. I bought one with one of the longest wheelbases on the planet a longish wheelbase and a fairly low BB = nice and centred in the bike and carrying more speed through corners seems much easier.

Also remembering to push down on the inside grip rather than turning the bars = 9000% improvement in grip and cornering speed for me.

Would also like to ride more smoothly. Some of my mates ride like they're just levitating through gnar. Awesome to watch.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Surprising recent improvement to cornering for me has been a new bike. I bought one with one of the longest wheelbases on the planet and a fairly low BB = nice and centred in the bike and carrying more speed through corners seems much easier.
Which Pole or Geomotron did you get?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Well f*** me. Just looked up the geometry on a Pole Machine and the equivalent size has an 11cm longer wheelbase than my monsterbike. Slight apples and oranges comparing 29er and 650b wheelbases but still, I'm shocked.

OP edited accordingly...
Sp waddaya pedallin?