what would rocket man ride ? why a cotic rocket of course

PJO

in me vL comy
So far I've nearly come a cropper because I've had to relearn to manual and wheely this beast .
I've nailed turns and fire road straights pretty good . But so much more body language needed for manual's .
Is that down to the longer reach and slightly longer chainstays?
Reach is 40mm longer on the newer version. Also a slightly lower BB on the newer model.
Did you go with a shorter stem or keep it the same as the old build? (Looks pretty short already...)

As for photos, I just use Microsoft Paint to resize down to 50-75% of original size (assuming you aren't on a Mac).

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
So this bike is going super well .
But I'm pretty miffed with my metric forks .
Long story short bought from the US cheap . been riding for a month or so and there's a fair amount of fork play going on .
Hmm I've emailed us shop where i bought from . and no reply . so hoping diymtb can help me out .

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
So this bike is going super well .
But I'm pretty miffed with my metric forks .
Long story short bought from the US cheap . been riding for a month or so and there's a fair amount of fork play going on .
Hmm I've emailed us shop where i bought from . and no reply . so hoping diymtb can help me out .
Hmm interesting, I've had a few sets and the rv1 and never had an issue, keen to see what Duncan says about it for you, he's always been amazing to deal with, both from a shop and personal front.

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Hopefully he'll be OK even tho I didn't buy from diymtb .
And best case they still be under warranty ? Worst case I'll have to pay hmmm
That's what you get for buying online .

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
How do you rate the pedals? I'm thinking of trying some composites due to pedal strikes, but didn't want to pull the pin on Chesters or similar yet.

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Love them . depending on which ones nukeproof have longer pins .
These orange ones I changed to longer pins .
But otherwise tough thin and lite .
I've bent a pair but they can take a hammering .
I've run alloy and find these to be better . the cheap price is a bonus

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Duncan from Diymtb was a legend . After a few phone calls we've worked a solution out .
Very happy with how he's handled the situation ( being as I didn't buy from him )

So lesson I've learnt here pays in the long run to buy local .

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Duncan from Diymtb was a legend . After a few phone calls we've worked a solution out .
Very happy with how he's handled the situation ( being as I didn't buy from him )

So lesson I've learnt here pays in the long run to buy local .
You pay abit extra up front, but it helps being able to turn up to a store and be all “is broke mate, halp”.

Even being able to read mannerisms abit easier over the phone and whatnot. Duncan’s helped me out before too with some forks I bough for my old mans bike. Nice dude, 5/7 would buy from.

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Well looks like I'm due for the fwit award .
So I decided to clean headset out for some maintenance.
Then proceeded to break top stem bolt ( it was a alloy colour coded one ) oops .
Now I thought I was a reasonable bike mech .
When I went to put a new steel bolt in I noticed that my star nut has moved , hmmm .
Then after pushing it down I noticed that the stem cap didn't quite clamp stem down 100% hmmm
Insert a spacer .Oh
OK all good now .
And a by product my fork chatter has disappeared .WHAT .
So originally I thought I had a slightly loose headset but thought I had installed correctly . Lol not .
It's the little things .

So happy days fixed two problems .in one go .
But owner operator error still remains .