Whats a Veteran

Specialized29er

Likes Bikes
If 30 plus are Veterans then what are 50 plus? when we compete us 50 plus guys come under the veterans class and have to compete against the 30 plus guys which just don't seem fair but then what a great feeling when we beat the youngins.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
IIRC:

Vets 30+
Masters 40+
Super masters 50+

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
If 30 plus are Veterans then what are 50 plus? when we compete us 50 plus guys come under the veterans class and have to compete against the 30 plus guys which just don't seem fair but then what a great feeling when we beat the youngins.

You shouldn't even be racing at your age. Being only a baby at 44 I can't even begin to imagine being over 50. In saying that it does sound cool to me Master DMan... And it is good to spank the young uns up hills..

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
All depends on the number of crashes...the more you have, the closer to veteran you are.

My club though takes a dim view on this form of classification (apparently they think we crash on purpose to sway the handicappers) so I find myself pretending to race 16 year olds in B class. Fortunately they often have the race skills of an inebriated lemming so I occasionally get away with it (or perhaps they too are trying to sway the handicappers)

Specialized29er

Likes Bikes
You shouldn't even be racing at your age. Being only a baby at 44 I can't even begin to imagine being over 50. In saying that it does sound cool to me Master DMan... And it is good to spank the young uns up hills..
We went to a MB event where a 72 year old guy competed and finished last, I want to be that guy in 20 years.

DMan

We went to a MB event where a 72 year old guy competed and finished last, I want to be that guy in 20 years.
That would be cool. Just in time for me to finish paying my mortgage so I could buy a new bike..

DMan

I have a mate who's in his 50's putting in 25-30 hrs a week on the bike, will average 150watts for 8-10 hrs on the road.
Do you watch him from your deck with a beer in your hand?

Specialized29er

Likes Bikes