What's everyone doing with their wallet, phone and keys on a ride?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
it’s the 1 thing i don’t like about mtb shirts -usually none or 2 skinny pockets, keep my cd bike shirts for this reason, wallet in glovebox, phone in back of bike shirt, keys usually in front pocket of shorts

i want someone to make good t-shirts for mtb’ing, with some merino but aldo 3 full size pockets in rear

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
Have you tried a running belt?
I've got a cheap $10 one from target that holds my phone and keys against my back and it doesn't move around at all.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Camelback on every ride. It fits everything, nothing is on the bike and I don't have to switch shit around all the time.
Same

Long rides or short, I'm happy to lug the Camelback around.
Has everything in it ready to go: Phone, tools, tube, car key, pump, food and 3L of water. Wallet stays home, just slot an emergency card in the pack.

Have tried a few rides without it. Not a fan of having the bottle on the bike due to mud / dust. Never enough space to store the rest of the shit.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you tried a running belt?
I've got a cheap $10 one from target that holds my phone and keys against my back and it doesn't move around at all.
Came here to say this as well.
Running belts are miles smaller than riding bumbags. If all you want is phone/key/license, that is the answer.

I don't know how people carry so much shit on each ride.
Only a very select few are riding that far from home/car, that it necessitates it.

stirk

Burner
This thread is suspiciously similar to what is in your pack thread!

I carry my camelback full of emergency spare parts and compression bandages which most of the time get given to others who brake their shit. I'm like the NRMA of MTB and I'd feel naked without the pack full of goodies, although it's missing doobies, @safreek, do you post?

Jpez

Down on the left!
I don't know how people carry so much shit on each ride.
Only a very select few are riding that far from home/car, that it necessitates it.
Do you mean tools ?
I’ve got a small Camelback that is great for a couple of hours. In that goes the multi tool, tyre levers , co2 etc. doesn’t take up much room.
tube goes on the bike. The manufacturer kindly provided a slot and strap for just this.
I don’t want to be caught out even 10min walk let alone some of the steep long Walk backs I’d find myself back to the car without the tools to get me going again.
I don’t want to be that guy that someone feels compelled to stop and help because I wasn’t prepared.
Only exception to this is shuttle days or down hill runs with mates.

Jpez

Down on the left!
This thread is suspiciously similar to what is in your pack thread!

I carry my camelback full of emergency spare parts and compression bandages which most of the time get given to others who brake their shit. I'm like the NRMA of MTB and I'd feel naked without the pack full of goodies, although it's missing doobies, @safreek, do you post?
Forgot. Yes I have a small roll of bandage too.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you mean tools ?
I’ve got a small Camelback that is great for a couple of hours. In that goes the multi tool, tyre levers , co2 etc. doesn’t take up much room.
tube goes on the bike. The manufacturer kindly provided a slot and strap for just this.
I don’t want to be caught out even 10min walk let alone some of the steep long Walk backs I’d find myself back to the car without the tools to get me going again.
I don’t want to be that guy that someone feels compelled to stop and help because I wasn’t prepared.
Only exception to this is shuttle days or down hill runs with mates.
Can be tools, can be clothing, can be cut lunches. Some people just carry a lot of stuff.