What's my new frame going to be?

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
its a shame that the old school Intense frames will never go out of fashion, they just fall apart..I had an early spidey, cracked both the upper and lower linkage and cracked the frame under the HT/DT junction...can confirm that it was a rocketship to ride though
They were genius marketers though. Frames that could only last a season were touted as For Race Only. :D And they’d be one of the most common rigs at regional race days!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
What about the final generation (650b) Turner Burner? Be an arse to find one, but I think it'd tick off everything else you're looking for (including rad made in USAness but unlike an Intense actually built properly).

View attachment 391033
Hahahaha I have one of these (and 2 Fluxes and a Sultan). @Plankosaurus would have to deep throat a lefty before I would let him touch it.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

What about this?

EDIT: 29 isn't what you want though is it
This for sure, and if you want 650B, put a 216x63 (travel spaced to 58mm) on it with a 150mm fork and bung some 650B wheels on it.

If someone has a front boost 650B wheel, I'd be happy to test it out and report back for you!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Did anyone suggest the filing cabinets?

Im not sure if their pricing is still screwy, if not the prices have gone up a fair bit since i bought mine...

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, guess so. Was 3.8 i think when i bought mine after Trump lost....
There is obviously, to me anyway, a significant market of riders who just want frames. The manufactures of most bikes used to cater to this but as less and less do, those who sell frames are making it difficult by either only selling the frames of the most expensive bike, i.e., S Works, making all frames expensive, i.e., Santa Cruz or they truly are a boutique or cult frame, i.e., REEB, Stanton, Moots, etc.(insert name of favorite frame you will never buy). Coming from smaller firms outside Australia where I noticed the $4,499 as a typical price.
So as I continue to search for a frame I don't actually need to replace my Trance 29er my eyes start to turn towards China. I have trouble stomaching the price and spec on most stock bikes...so...Carbonda is looking better every day.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What about the final generation (650b) Turner Burner? Be an arse to find one, but I think it'd tick off everything else you're looking for (including rad made in USAness but unlike an Intense actually built properly).

View attachment 391033
I and a few mates have owned a few intense dh bikes between us and never had an issue. One friend had a turner 5 spot (I think it was) and he snapped the seat tube off from the fancy machined bit. He wrote old man turner an email inquiring about warranty and received a very condescending reply filled with stern words about it being abused as a freeride bike. Which it was not. The frame would have been lucky to see enough air time to partially inflate the tyre.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
There is obviously, to me anyway, a significant market of riders who just want frames. The manufactures of most bikes used to cater to this but as less and less do, those who sell frames are making it difficult by either only selling the frames of the most expensive bike, i.e., S Works, making all frames expensive, i.e., Santa Cruz or they truly are a boutique or cult frame, i.e., REEB, Stanton, Moots, etc.(insert name of favorite frame you will never buy). Coming from smaller firms outside Australia where I noticed the $4,499 as a typical price.
So as I continue to search for a frame I don't actually need to replace my Trance 29er my eyes start to turn towards China. I have trouble stomaching the price and spec on most stock bikes...so...Carbonda is looking better every day.
You will be in the States soon so have a look around for a frame there as the price difference can be significant.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You will be in the States soon so have a look around for a frame there as the price difference can be significant.
Just between you and me, and the rest of our friends on this forum, I have been looking at frames for a while now. I have never ridden a 27.5 bike as I went straight from 26 to 29 in 2015/16? I plant to hire a bike when in Moab so mght be a good time to try a 27.5. But... I have most of what I need already for a 29er. I a bit of a ditherer.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
I was tempted to try these guys before the spitty arrived.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I was tempted to try these guys before the spitty arrived.

Mate has an Edit from a few years ago. Really likes. Weighs a tonne though.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
They were genius marketers though. Frames that could only last a season were touted as For Race Only. :D And they’d be one of the most common rigs at regional race days!
The old tracer is 10 next year, I don't know if FRO means a lot tbh. Maybe they just had a few leftover badges?

Despite the fact that I've posted you some anthrax for your last comment...

Apparently the new Canyon Strive has similar geo to the Pole Evolink but looks more boring (as opposed to the wonky piece of shit, welded by a stoner that you're replacing).

This could be a good way for you to hate yourself less, while paying more for less capabilities than my other suggestion.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
The stoner grade welding helps me not feel as bad about my own welding

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wasn't the FRO made using lighter tubes? So you know...you cold race faster, but not give it the berries off the race track? Like @frenchman says...let them eat cheese.

I'm really surprised the kids at intense didn't capitalise on the global frame shortage out of Taiwan and fire up their welders to push out some frames while everyone else had the sads about not being able to get things from the megafactories.