Whats the best beer you've had & why?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Just had this beer was passed to me in a non-discript parking lot from a guy that only told me his first name. All he would tell me is that it is pale and around 4.9. The brewery is kept secret as is it's location the name of the beer and its ingredient. The tin, as you can see has no markings.

It is good, very good. Very balanced, unique flavour profile, perfectly carbonated. Honestly, I give it 8/10. -1 because perfection doesn't exist, -1 for jealousy.

PS, that's my brewery in the background, not the one where this fine specimen was born.

@droenn @T-Rex @Scotty T @Haakon

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
fuck the beer johnny, im super impressed with your setup - awesome, one of these days ill jump in in a proper way again.

3 imperial stouts on christmas day - decided on the USA versus UK versus Australia, and not the best of each,

Alesmith Speedway stout
Fullers special reserve (comes in a nice single box)
Hargreaves Hill

Speedway is the one with the rep, fullers should be big brewery shit and hargreaves should be a poor mans copy of a boatrocker.
wrong pb, speedway definately the most complex especially with the coffee, fullers was actually the most enjoyable on the day - maybe brewed more towards barley wine style rather than stout if that makes sense.

hargreaves RIS definately worth it on its own though

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
BTW, so I don't seem like too much of a wanker, the beer I rated was gifted by a fellow brewer here on RB - he did give it to me in a carpark, I don't know his last name and his garage probably doesn't have a name. So it was all true, except for the James Bond element :)

creaky

XMAS Plumper
BTW, so I don't seem like too much of a wanker, the beer I rated was gifted by a fellow brewer here on RB - he did give it to me in a carpark, I don't know his last name and his garage probably doesn't have a name. So it was all true, except for the James Bond element :)
Staff kickbacks eh !