Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Not sure if you get any west aussie beers over there but if your into your RIS's try to look out for the following from the West:
Feral Boris
Beerfarm Western Czar and Eastern Czar
Cheeky Monkey Silverback
All great drinking brews
Sadly not many wa brews leave the state.
Transporting beers is expensive and you're all so damn far away.
Rocky Ridge and Boston brewing do a great job.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Pirate Life has released a Blueberry Sour...its um interesting, very similar tasting to the Açaí and Passionfruit sour but with a big hit of blueberry after which you can taste for a quite a while after. Can we even still call these beers? A big fan of their Lager though, it’s quite different to a normal lager, very easy drinking.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Pirate Life has released a Blueberry Sour...its um interesting, very similar tasting to the Açaí and Passionfruit sour but with a big hit of blueberry after which you can taste for a quite a while after. Can we even still call these beers? A big fan of their Lager though, it’s quite different to a normal lager, very easy drinking.
All these fruit sours and desert stouts shit me to tears. All shithouse. I just want it to taste like beer.

greendream

Likes Bikes
I’m a simple man & my beer of choice is an nice cold Kirin or Coopers red. One of the best beers I’ve had the pleasure of drinking was Tsingtao original (brewed exclusively in Qingdao with only local ingredients & is not exported). In fact I was told it is only sold in the Shandong area which may be the case because when I asked for this particular beer elsewhere in China I got the shake of the head & advised it is only available in Qingdao.

Petero

Likes Dirt
Some of the newer sours are very hit and miss. Had some decent ones and had some barely drinkable ones.

Sours can be a little like drinking beer for the first time... Not many enjoy that first sip.. until they do.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Subscribing to this thread.
Big beer fan, and have been known to brew my own, although my keg has been empty for a while with a toddler running around.
Tend to stick with West Aussie beers. Current faves are anything Otherside brings out, along with Cheeky Monkey and Running With Thieves. Feral Biggie and its barrel aged and Imperial derivatives are a good shout too. Gone off the trendy beers, gone back to IPAs and their ilk, although I am sad Stout Season is over for another year, some awesome ones out this year!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Every Rodenbach I've ever had was amazing. Had a Caractere Rouge with mates the other night, so good, I usually share them with one or more people as they are very expensive and special.

Had some Bad Shepherd Peanut Butter Porter and Dainton Bounty Hunter this past week, both fantastic, i love chocolatey dark beers, the Peanut Butter porter has to be one of the nicest in that style.

I've logged 348 beers in Untappd but I just add them to a list rather than check them in. I had collected over 200 bottles and cans but got rid of nearly all of them when i got Untappd to log them all. I kept the Rodenbach and some special edition Rogue, I think I posted their chocolate peanut butter and banana in this thread as one of my best ever.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Dropped past the bottle shop on the way home from work last night and saw they were clearing all of their big stouts.
@Rorschach who said stout season had to be over!
View attachment 369541
Very true, can just stick the AC on!
I’m currently at Freo.Social having a bubbles IPA, top stuff but the wife is driving home as it’s 7.4%.
If I stick around I might try their RIS, but that might write me off.
Couple of Beer Farm IPLs at home I’m looking forward to hooking into later