Whats the best beer you've had & why?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
naz said:
johnny said:
03choko03 said:
I cant believe no ones mentioned Pilsener Urquell, the original pilsener, from Czech, damn fine, also Czech Budweiser, nothing like the yank crap.
And about 50c for 500ml in Prague square! Top place, top beer at top prices (stunningly beautiful women too!).
beer goggles?
Nah, that's what I'm wearing when I start telling YOU how hot your arse is!

:lol:

naz

Criminally Inane
johnny said:
naz said:
johnny said:
03choko03 said:
I cant believe no ones mentioned Pilsener Urquell, the original pilsener, from Czech, damn fine, also Czech Budweiser, nothing like the yank crap.
And about 50c for 500ml in Prague square! Top place, top beer at top prices (stunningly beautiful women too!).
beer goggles?
Nah, that's what I'm wearing when I start telling YOU how hot your arse is!

:lol:
cant touch this!

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
^Being a 'thread' about about about 'beer' on a 'forum' i dont think that its very OT... but no, i dont know of any - but it looks like we have enough people to start one!!

Johnny - nice review on the schoffer hoeffer (the spelling still confuses the shit of me even though i tried to copy it.. :? ) i have since had a many more - i ll say it again - THE BEST BEER EVER!!!!! :D

dhgod

Likes Bikes
/

staying on the topic, the best beer ive ever had, would have to be james boag, now thats quality beer :lol:

i'm underage, hugely underage, but my parents dont mind, and i can steal it off my brother

GrubNut

Likes Dirt
johnny said:
Hell yes! I know what you're talking about. Although its better a few k's out of the centre of town. If it wasn't for the visa issues I'd never leave.

Anyway for a nice brew somwhat closer to home czech out 3 ravens. The brewery is in Thornbury melbourne, near my house.

mmmmmm 3 ravens blonde...

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Re: /

dhgod said:
staying on the topic, the best beer ive ever had, would have to be james boag, now thats quality beer :lol:

i'm underage, hugely underage, but my parents dont mind, and i can steal it off my brother
James Boags is ... um.... yeah.... :?
Anyway, To quote a cool ass Canadian (eh') barman - "have schoffer hoeffer man"

funk

Squid
I can't believe no-one's mentioned Little Creatures Pale Ale. That stuff is just the finest beer in the country!

Dane

Likes Dirt
03choko03 said:
bit OT ,but are there any beer forums that anyone knows of?
there is a www.beer.com and they use to offer a free email -> @beer.com style. I haven't been there since i was about 14, however i can't imagine a forum being very successful from a discussion point of view (on that site). they have the usual babe of the week etc. ie. the site is of that caliber.

What about Delerium Tremens?
Belgian beer which, when mixed with the correct type of herb has hallucinogenic effects... :wink:

As for beer generally I'm big on Boags Strongarm at the moment.

N.B. My favourite beer changes constantly... anything from James Squire or Coopers Pale Ale to Redback or Melbourne Bitter.

I have always found it ironic, thought, that the two states that Australians give the most static to are the makers of arguably our finest beers.

toodles

Wheel size expert
Fav local beers are XXXX, Crownies and Tooheys New/Old

Favourite imports are Stella, Estrella Damm, San Miguel and Asahi.

My sister just scored employee discount at CUB brewery at Yatala (like $10 a carton :shock: ) so I'm learning to love Cascade. Pretty nice gear actually.

scblack

Leucocholic
Favourite beers: Coopers Pale Ale, Redback, and Carlton Draught.

Worst: XXXX, Corona (any beer that needs flavour added is just not on).

crozza

Likes Dirt
naz said:
johnny said:
03choko03 said:
beer goggles?
does that have a white label because its awsome

cooper

Likes Dirt
Dane said:
johnny said:
Coopers sparkling, as a matter of fact........I got one right now! *edit, for it's full flavour.
Pale Ale for me. i love it! and not too expensive either.

quote]

wwwhoooo, bring on the coopers supporters i love a good coopers!

although i havent yet nailed a good coopers home brew, last time i put in too much sugar, to increase the alchohol and it just farked up, maybe ididnt clean the barrel good enough

Yaa coopers rock on, yes i am drunk at the moment

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
funk said:
I can't believe no-one's mentioned Little Creatures Pale Ale. That stuff is just the finest beer in the country!
The best thing about Little Creatures is they have dog water bowls out the front of the brewery so your dog can have a drink to! Oh the beer isn't to bad either. After you've done that go to the Sail and Anchor and order one of their 6 pack specials, (6 flavours of beers) go back to Little Creatures have one of each flavour again head down to Ciccerallos and buy fish and chips then try and drive home :wink:

DOM

Eats Squid
RaID said:
Name: Zywiec
Origin: Poland
Type: Lager
Good Pts: Comes in 500ml Bottles
5.7%
Nice and Smooth, with a slightly hoppy taste
Can be enjoyed quickly or slowly
Even smoother when comes from a Tap

Bad Pts: Not that easy to get here Aus only like a few bottle shops per capital city stock it
Cant get it on tap anywhere in AUS
Mate I thought i was the only one who liked this beer !!!! ..

I work around the corner from the qld Polish society and they have a bar ... happy hr between 1 - 3 ... $3 for a bottle of Zywiec .. how good is this shit !!! .. im in love with it.

I also found it hard to get ahold of at bottle shops ... but I recently found my local grape sells it by the bottle .. $4 each .. which really isnt that bad considering it's actually 2.2 Standard drinks. Throw back 2 or 3 of these badboys before stepping into the taxi on the way to town .. and youll be off to a decent start.

Highly Re-commend.

Pronunciation is .. Ziv... itch ....

good shit ;) .. nice light crispy beer with a good octane level ;)

naz

Criminally Inane
that beer you can buy at the supermarket .2% or something. fully sick i got hell pissed of that shit when i was a munchkin :roll:

scblack

Leucocholic
naz wrote:
that beer you can buy at the supermarket .2% or something. fully sick i got hell pissed of that shit when i was a munchkin
That was last week wasn't it? :D

hehe had to get that one.

naz

Criminally Inane
scblack said:
naz wrote:
that beer you can buy at the supermarket .2% or something. fully sick i got hell pissed of that shit when i was a munchkin
That was last week wasn't it? :D

hehe had to get that one.
no no my taste has evolved since then....GOOOOOOOOOOOOON

:p
and on special occasions ill buy VB