Whats the best beer you've had & why?

R33F

Likes Bikes and Dirt
scblack said:
It has not been available for a while, but KB was great - anyone remember the gold can of KB?
See the boys down at the Bull n Bush, I am sure they can get you a carton in. If not there let me know and I'll find out where the lads are getting it from.

yes its still in production, yes it still tastes like wee.

Fav B33R : Guinness, "like Angels crying on my tongue". Drunk far to much of it while living in Ireland. Doesnt travel well though.

Fav Local B33R: Coopers Pale Ale, a lovely drop.

Fav EveryDay B33R: Tooheys New.

Fav B33R from Munich: franziskaner, the brewery is in Munich. This beer is fantastic. Was "blowing bubbles" many a night after destroying a few of these. :D

http://www.franziskaner.com/

Attachments

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Coopers sparkling is the bestest i reckon.

However, my mates and i have been brewin our own beer at a micro brewery @ Mona Vale. Its turning out so good these days, we dont buy bottlo-beer any more. It also works out half the cost:)

MrPlow

TMBC
Simo said:
There has to be sugars (or grain which contain sugars) in beer. The yeast feeds on the sugars in the wert and, as a by product, produces alcohol.
No shit sherlock, :p I didn't say there was no grain containing sugar though.
It is the Hops that is the trick. A lot of german beer steins have a hops bud on the handle by the way. I wondered what it was for a while before I was told:eek:

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
James Boags Premium Lager

*drools* Nice tassie beer!

And this new beer, Bluetongue lager, it's from the hunter valley. Expensive @ $18 for a 6 pack, but it's hell nice!

S_M_I_D_D_Y

Likes Dirt
Bluetounge. Heard good things but never tryed it. $18 for a 6 pack?? at one of the blackhill 4x races they had it on tap free. i wasnt 18 though.

still prefer spirits to beer, but if its beer, its new, or crown lager.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
Carlton Drapht, i like it because i know it's "Made from Beer", well atleast the adverts say that, so they must be true.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Coopers is a good effort, if you want strength and very high quality try:

Gulden Draak 10.5%
Black Death 12%
Bush Amber 12%
DeuS 11.5% (Very expensive and like champagne)
Thomas Hardy's Ale 11.7% (Bottle conditioned and can be cellared for up to 25 years!)
Piraat 10%

And if you are a raging alcoholic:

Tennents Super (the purple bastard) 9%
Carlsberg Special Brew 9%
Skol Super 9%

Try everything, don't get stuck with the same one! There are sooooooo many beers and so little time.

GoingDHfast

Likes Dirt
I had a really good beer last night called Tuborg. From memory it was from Belgium? Very neutral tasting with a slight spicy/citrus taste at the end.. The best part about it was a six pack cost me $13 which is the same as Carlton Draught! SCORE!

I think the best advice so far is dont get stuck drinking only one beer. A good idea is to consider buying a couple of six packs of "premium" beer instead of a slab of VB or whatever cheap and nasty domestic poison you normally fancy :p

Other beers I like:
- Tooheys Pils
- Coopers Sparkling
- James Boags
- Goat Beer

Atomizer

Likes Dirt
Little Creatures Pale Ale, if money isn't an issue, and Coopers Pale Ale for Summer (Not that I have any issue with Coopers Sparkling but my intestines do the next day).

Coopers Dark Ale and Extra Stout in winter.

No reason needed. These beers speak for themselves.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Fatman said:
Try everything, don't get stuck with the same one! There are sooooooo many beers and so little time.
If you are going back to Belgium or France I'd like to direct you to a place that makes the best beer I've ever tasted and it comes from a rather unique place.

I will check with Nicho on the specifics if need be, but the place was called Lille and was about 40 mins from the border (French side of Belgium) It was an old Burlesque house/dancing girl joint that had been restored and made into a restaraunt. I don't know how they did it, but the beer came straight out of the vat, through the cooling system and out the tap. I had the blonde and the ale. Keep the ale, but the blonde.......aaarrrglerlglrlrglrlg! I've never had a beer taste so fresh, crisp, clean and any other cliche'd term. It was truly the best beer I've ever tasted. This was only about three months ago.

One of my Pilsners and another Bavarian lager brewed with honey that I knocked up 2 months ago are also high on the list!

R33F said:
See the boys down at the Bull n Bush,
Ah, the Bull. First door work I ever did. Was there for about 11 months when I was 18-19.

MrPlow said:
Awesome beer! In Germany they have the purity laws, alowing only select ingredients in their beer BY LAW. No sugar
Along with Simo I also found this confusing. We both know what hops is and we both know that the two main ingredients in beer are sugar and water. The sugar is extracted from the grain, you don't just chuck whole grain in with yeast. Hops is an ingredient only in particular types of beers. Therefore at the risk of being "no shit sherlocked", you can't make beer with "No sugar" ;)

Last edited:

R33F

Likes Bikes and Dirt
johnny said:
another Bavarian lager brewed with honey that I knocked up 2 months ago are also high on the list!
*moving back to sydney, setting up tent on johnnys front lawn, and singing terribly until I get to try one of those bad boys !! :D

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
6UL DV8 said:
I had a beer with a chili in the bottle once. Not sure if they brew it with chili or just chuck in a chili when they bottle it. Very very tasty. But normally Becks or Coopers. As said before no sugar and no 222(or whatever number) preservative, so no hangover. You piss brown from the Coopers but.
you will piss brown from any alcohol. it dehydrates you and when you're dehydrated, you piss a darker shade. you want ur piss to be clear or a very light yellow.

Dim

Spirit Distributions
Fav:

On a hot day: Ice cold corona with lime
Cold or any other type of day: Crown

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
nothin like a good ol´grave dig! hahah this thread is old as hahah

Anyway, ive already stated my favourites, but its good to here the beer freaks are in force...

i may post here in a couple of weeks after i have had proper guiness - from Ireland!!!

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
I was at a mates 21st, and there was heaps of free beer! anyway, all the good beers went, and there was only foster left! no-one would touch them, I only took some home to throw at people on the way home lol. Fosters is the worst beer!

tu plang

knob
crozza said:
coopers red one of the strongest and best tasting
haha yeah, ive been into the sparkling lately. boy does it hit you!

lately ive been cheep and have been getting into my homebrew, went down brilliantly last week but the bottles i had this week tasted like they had been spiked with metho, not sure what happened there :confused: .

other than that stella artois would be my favourite import.

if im going cheap and local XXXX gold goes ok.

if im going light and local i steal dads cascade premium light, goes down well.

if im at work and the boss says its beer o'clock and im invited its crowns on him. :D