Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Try this can design out for size:

Shit's a revelation. One of those innovations that was so simple it took decades to think of it.
Colonial are doing the same thing, it's fricken awesome! I've always hated drinking out of a small sharp hole in a can, now it's like having an instant wide-mouthed vessel in hand. Not that I don't, like, pour it into a glass anyway, but it's pretty cool.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That I can remember only goes to this year, was a full suspension mid strength brewed locally in park city after a day on the slopes, tasted so good it felt nourishing.

Ordinarily, coopers mid strength on the back steps with the dog.

Headspace, company and environment all seem have a pretty big impact on the why even if the beer is half-good.

stirk

Burner
Friday afternoon with the dog enjoying an unseasonally warm day and an old mate pale ale, fruity with a slight bitterness hop finish. Quite a nice summer ale to get me into the mood to service my dropper post.

IMG_20170811_144713-750x830.jpg

deadlegs

Likes Dirt
Friday afternoon with the dog enjoying an unseasonally warm day and an old mate pale ale, fruity with a slight bitterness hop finish. Quite a nice summer ale to get me into the mood to service my dropper post.
Did you move to surry hills mate?

deadlegs

Likes Dirt
Is my dog a hairless chiuawaha?

You still smashing out ridiculously long rides in the hills?
no but that looks like a trendy beer someone in surry hills or the inner west would drink haha.

haha no just eastern suburbs (east hills and lapa) on the roadie and to work on the fixie haha

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
anachronistic
ənakrəˈnɪstɪk/
adjective
belonging to a period other than that being portrayed.
"'Titus' benefits from the effective use of anachronistic elements like cars and loudspeakers"
belonging or appropriate to an earlier period, especially so as to seem conspicuously old-fashioned.
"she is rebelling against the anachronistic morality of her parents" or "he doesn't ant know what craft beer is and still uses words like yuppy"

Last edited:

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
When you don't have a glass to drink from it's the next best dealio.
The universe and bentspoke have a thing for me.

When the mont was on, I had a beer aficionado Facebook a bentspoke beer - literally 10 minutes later, one of my mates racing posted up a picture of their mist excellent tap dispenser at the Mont

Just before the bentspoke post here, the Sunday before we ended a ride at the top of a hill over Lake Macquarie - what beer you ask? Complete with my first experience with the wide mouth. (I hesitate to post the pic, as it's not exactly racing trim)

IMG_0448.JPG

Last edited:

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Beer and riding pics - there's a theme worth having

IMG_0449.JPG
IMG_0450.JPG

Friday afternoons in winter, it's what you are doing when you have the beer sometimes that makes the beer

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
@Pharma,

That's a great view (the landscape..., and the beer, that is). Next time the opportunity arises try the Crankshaft IPA if its available to you. Maybe not a beer for the top of the mountain, though. As for the racing trim, beats my old Tshirt and workk shorts.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
THis was alright, wouldn't rush out to buy it again:

Can't remember but think I would have if it was excellent. These dudes brew pretty decent beer (despite their silly looking labels) so I'd expect that it was good...

One of the best beers I've ever had. Superbly balanced between the malt and the fruity hops with a pretty good whack of bitterness at the end. Sweet, syrupy and strong on the boozes at close to 7%, IIRC

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'd encourage you to branch out a little, if you have the opportunity to do so. That's not a bad beer but it's a company set up by Coles to make beer that looks like craft beer. It's made on the cheap with production line processes meaning that you're paying a decent price for VB/Tooheys/XXXX quality booze. The other brands they have are Lorry Boys and Three Pub Circus.

Endeavor, Lord Nelson and a few other locals sell excellent pale ales with prices not a lot more than the Coles brand stuff.

I was really annoyed, last night as a head cold kicked in just as I was sampling these and I have no idea how good they were as I couldn't taste a fucking thing.

Had this one last week, was pretty nice.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
This was alright, wouldn't look for it again though. Not strong enough in flavour and nothing to set it apart.

I don't know what others see in this, it won a bunch of awards. It's a bit weak in character and is just another beer to me.

PRetty good, would buy again.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Apparently Stones insist that their beers are transported in cold storage, or so I'm told by a guy who was in the brewing and hospitality game.