Whats the best beer you've had & why?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I think I liked this one, can't recall.

Decent enough, quite hoppy, surprisingly.

Another nice, modern IPA, pretty happy with it.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Definitely can't remember what this was like.

Too drunk to recall this one, the hour was late.

Easily one of the best beers I've ever had. I was in Geelong when I came across this one and have never seen it since. Just perfect deep flavour, beautifully balanced, not too sweet.

stirk

Burner
Parrot dog bitterbitch, and yes it lives up to its name!

A little too bitter for my liking but not undrinkable.

IMG_20170902_143132788-751x1335.jpg

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sometimes the best beer is the one you have on hand. After 7 hours in the car today, I am REALLY enjoying an otherwise meh Budejovicky pils.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Is it just me, or are we reaching peak hoppy craft beer? I reckon the craft brewer that gets into a line of clean Pilsners and Lagers will do well. Sometimes we don't want fruity beers.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
They've been talking about peak hops for years, but they keep discovering more and discovering ways to do better with what we already have.

So trying to do the photo thing that seems de riguer these days

Can't pour a fizzy beer for fuck

IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

Yellow snow, just tickles me ever since top gear introduced me to the concept

Both hoppy IPAs like all the others but different

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
It's easy to get sick of drinking flowers, the last case I bought was just "plain beer" as a change.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Fuggle hop IPA (hoppy but not nu hop all of citrus)

But fuck it, I love the mega-hop stuff, Bring it on.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Look, i don't want to insult you fine beer swilling aficionados... but... any non filtered, non pasteurised beer from the Czech Republic blows your shitty craft beers away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Look, i don't want to insult you fine beer swilling aficionados... but... any non filtered, non pasteurised beer from the Czech Republic blows your shitty craft beers away.

Is that right?

My time in Czech and surrounding areas proved otherwise for me. But comparing ales to pilsners is pointless anyway, like saying scotch is better than bourbon.

Thanks for telling me I have shitty taste though! :madgrin:

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar

OK, I'll humour your thoughts (despite your tone) in the interests of learning more about the greatest liquid on earth. I don't know much about local Czech beers (except the whole Pilsner thing...)

Which ones do you like / recommend?
Are some of these Czech brands available at my local 'special' beer store? I'm always keen to try new stuff....

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Finally opened this one last night.....('bin saving it for just the right Friday night)

If you like stouts & porters.....this beer is right up there. Absolutely delicious.

(But you'll need a bloody bank loan to buy one bottle)

Bruny Stout.jpg

Bruny stout 2.jpg

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
A few more shitty beers, all of which were greatly enjoyed bar the brown ale, which I found a bit weak and watery.