Whats the best beer you've had & why?

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nhd said:
shmity said:
dont forget that fre grolsch! :p
i am a fan of the ol mGoat and if its on tap will choose it over anything else. but me being in my prime uni days, draught works.
Yes, but i decided not to exercise the rule that "a free beer is the best beer".

Tomas

my mum says im cool
spuddy said:
Daver; Beez Kneez? It's good shit.
Damn rite.

I also swing towards little creatures. Went to the brewery when i was over in WA. Smelt funky thats fo sure.

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt

The Golden Horses, why? Because I can drink it every day and still not get sick of it, as a matter of fact I'm going to the fridge right now to crack one :wink:

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
n00b said:
Lord I'm wasted!!
No your not, there weren't any "1"s in your exclamation marks.

Best beer is Heineken. Yes I am a slave to consumerism. I also had this weird import beer (forget the name, but its dutch - WE RULE!) after baseball when we have our drinking session and talk about how we got raped dry without lube. It was really good, too bad I don't know the name.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
ajay said:
had an awsome beer the other day...

schoffer hoffer (spelling?)

came in a big ass glass - they are like 500ml :D

very tasty - got me PISSED :p
Ah yes, that would be Schoffer Hoffoer (two dots over the O in Schoffer) an Austrian cloudy wheat beer with 5,0% alkeehole. I tried it tonight at Una's (Austrian restaraunt in Sydney). I had to laugh when I saw it, "hey! that's the beer that Ajay was talking about.......I'll have a Schoffer Hoffeor please".

Not bad, Light, cloudy and maybe even a bit "fruity", but definately fantastic with paprika chicken and rosti! I agree that it was definately paletable, but next to a Coopers or Red Back ( AustraLIAN wheat beer)..........a paltry second best.

Beez Neez. Ooohhhhh yes, any thing with honey in it deserves a blood sacrifice! I have actually been pursuing my honey addiction quite actively, but may need some Farkiners help to take it too the next level. Mead, the "ye olde English brew" was made from a honey base and I'm dieing to try it, but try finding this stuff anywhere in Sydney! I know it's available, but you try and track down a supplier......I believe as Mia Wallace would say, it is an "excercise in futility"!

If anyone can track down a supplier, I offer a beer (or six) my shout (offer only applies to residents of the Sydney metropolitan district. See terms and conditions for details).

Yes, I am drunk.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mahoney_007 said:

The Golden Horses, why? Because I can drink it every day and still not get sick of it, as a matter of fact I'm going to the fridge right now to crack one :wink:
yeah that and the quiz questions underneath the top. Excellent.

on occasion i'll drink Stella, Stienlager, Heineken, Becks...

RCOH

Eats Squid
Maffew said:
Corona or VB. Reches(SP?) is some nasty shit.

Reschs is THE shit.

Also Heineken tall cans, Becks Bier, Coopers Red Longnecks drunk from paperbag, Corona is nice but only in summer, Peroni, VB is good in a pinch.

NEVER: Tooheys fuckin Dirt, Carlton 'worst beer ever' Draught.

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[quote="RCOH]
Reschs is THE shit.

Also Heineken tall cans, Becks Bier, Coopers Red Longnecks drunk from paperbag, Corona is nice but only in summer, Peroni, VB is good in a pinch.

NEVER: Tooheys fuckin Dirt, Carlton 'worst beer ever' Draught.[/quote]

WTF? Worst beer ever? C'mon I think your being a bit harsh. What about XXXX or Fosters? Or possibly even Hein"where is the taste"eken. :wink:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
VB, XXXX and fosters are for Queenslanders AFL fans and tourists! We can do without two of these three demographs. Gee, guess which ones :wink:

I agree, heiniken = no flavour!