Whats the best beer you've had & why?

dolphinman

Likes Dirt
Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Current best. Outside, 8:30pm, 28degs. frittes, garlic chilli prawns, kids with babysitter and this:

Sweet, citrusy, wheaty, fizzy goodness.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Ambar Larger from Spain.

Best gluten free beer I've ever found. Reminds me of James Boags Premium Larger, but it's been 15 years, taste memory is pretty shoddy I reckon. Any true Celiacs sufferer will understand the struggles. Published gluten content is 6ppm

Image1471082889.944479.jpg

mtb1611

Seymour
Nothing craft-like or bike-oriented but had a coupla Fat Yak (on tap) schooies this arvo and they went down a treat.

indica

Serial flasher

Tart and refreshing. A lovely easy drinking lightly soured gose.

Lovely lightly salted, spritzy with a nice peppery finish.

herbman

Likes Dirt
This one's for you pennoir!

View attachment 331265

Nice IPA, big hop hit which quickly fades to a crisp citrus after taste.
They make some great beer, I rate their porter and stout very highly.

I had one of there other IPAs the other day, very drinkable

But the Panhead Supercharger APA is what is floating my boat at the moe and the 6 pack of tinnies aren't to badly priced for a craft beer from NZ.

And in only 2 weeks and I will be NZ............

will2

Likes Dirt

Tart and refreshing. A lovely easy drinking lightly soured gose.

Lovely lightly salted, spritzy with a nice peppery finish.
I love nomad brewing. It's just down the road from me. Bought a mixed six pack of their IPA's on Friday, Easy as and Jet Lag. Enjoyed both and were real hop bombs, super dank and piney.

My favourite beer however is batch brewing's juicy as phuck, which is so crazily fruity without having the dank hop spicyness (it's getting vague I know).
It was this nasal attack of mango, orange and grapefruit, followed by a rampaging bitterness. Unfortunately you cannot get it any more as. Citra hops have all been used for the year, I think stone and Sierra Nevada bought them all.

Hopefully next season it will be back because it was nuts. The man on tapwork says it was one of their best selling limited release beers and had intentions to run again hops depending.