Whats the best beer you've had & why?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Prancing pony is probably the best Celtic red I’ve had, regards Aussie Irish reds.

For American ambers, I’m a big fan of Mountain Goat - Fancy Pants and the Riverview amber, which has a nice toasty note to it.

I have a sentimental place for Kilkenny but after drinking craft reds I can’t go back to mass produced stuff, it just has more flavor, simple as that.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I forgot about Prancing Pony, been ages since I had one and Fancy Pants is such a great smasher. Old mate brings the odd Kilkenny around but I don't think I've actually ever bought one.

Who likes sours? My Belgian neighbour is off to Belgium soon, last time he brought back 18 bottles of assorted Geuze. I struggled so much with sour beers initially but love them nowadays. I clicked when we had a tasting at the homebrew conference years ago, Russian River sours, and haven't looked back.

Brow

Big Block
Just opened my first Bentspoke, a Barley Griffin - so smooth and just plain YUMMY. Had a quick look earlier for red eye in Dan Murphys but could not see anything. Got a 4 pack of Adnams Ghost Ship on member special and some wine for the missus.
Will check out Black sheep on the way home from work Monday for some red IPA.

stirk

Burner
Dammit I'm Gunna have to check out this capital evil red now.

Wifey got me a growler from the brewery in the Carrington Hotel at Katoomba, I've not opened it yet but this is a front running Xmas pressie so far.

IMG_20181221_173348927-751x1335.jpg

Brow

Big Block
Quote from Bentspoke website "Easy drinking and great on a hot summer's day after mowing the lawn." I can concur. Just finished mowing, somewhere around 30odd deg and just opened my second Barley Griffin, just about perfect. I only got 3 of these as all they had but I am betting the other Bentspokes I got will be good too.
Def going to look at some reds. Not sure if they had Red Nut in stock.

Brow

Big Block
Capital red eye = tick, only got 2 cans as $30 for 6 is bit exxy. While very nice, going to be a special occasion beer due to price.
Bentspoke Crankshaft = tick, slightly better on the hip pocket but probably not going to be a fridge staple.
Going to have to keep trying some more reds, they are very nice, will probably stick with 150 lashes as the regular go to in the fridge as well as keep an eye on the specials at the various bottle shops.

slowandold

Likes Dirt
Trying hard to get on the craft beer bandwagon. In the last week tried both the Bentspoke Crankshaft and the Balter XPA. Bought a carton of them and then received another 8 cans from my young bloke as a chrissy present. Wouldn't take either over Coopers Sparkling which is my preferred regular.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Coopers sparkling! Now there’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. Largely unknown in the eastern states. A beer for the refined gentleman!