Whats the best beer you've had & why?

stirk

Burner
This one for two reasons.

Because its hard to get a good English Bitter fresh in Australia unless you brew your own. I nailed this one and its just right at the moment.

And because I had a long busy day and its the first time I've been able to sit down without a million things on my mind since 6am.
Looks awesome! Nothing like pouring your own on tap brew at home.

I've a red X malt blend almost ready to keg which I'm hoping ends up being half Irish red half Amber.

What yeast are you favouring for the bitter?

LPG

likes thicc birds
Looks awesome! Nothing like pouring your own on tap brew at home.

I've a red X malt blend almost ready to keg which I'm hoping ends up being half Irish red half Amber.

What yeast are you favouring for the bitter?
Wyeast 1469 West Yorkshire Ale or 1187 Ringwood ale (WLP005 is the equivalent off the top of my head). These are both awesome and my go to for just about anything I brew regularly but really shine in a bitter or similar. A good balance of malt, hops and they give the right esters. Start them fermenting at around 16°C and raise a degree a day until finished.

Irish red/Amber sounds good. Roast barley in there?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Another lunch venue for our joint during the cooler months, top guys running the place as well. Plus the publicans around home love them because they can deliver kegs within the the hour.
In Sydney in a few weeks and going to check a few of the craft breweries out, put this one on the list.

You did the brew day today?
Man is it disgusting. Only because none of the hops have settled out yet, so it's impossible to pour anything but slurry. Will rack and crash chill over the weekend, never racked a beer before but this is totally going to need it.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
In Sydney in a few weeks and going to check a few of the craft breweries out, put this one on the list.
Not open for tastings on Mon, Tues, Wed, although I think you can get takeouts.

Heaps of other places to try as well, Willie the Boatman, Batch, Grifter, Stockade, Black Font, Sauce, Wildflower are all within walking distance of each other Young Henrys & Wayward are a 5 min cab ride then there is Akasha in Five Dock which is well worth the journey out that way.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Wyeast 1469 West Yorkshire Ale or 1187 Ringwood ale (WLP005 is the equivalent off the top of my head). These are both awesome and my go to for just about anything I brew regularly but really shine in a bitter or similar. A good balance of malt, hops and they give the right esters. Start them fermenting at around 16°C and raise a degree a day until finished.

Irish red/Amber sounds good. Roast barley in there?
I have a red rye IPA in the FV now, I used Shepherd's Delight, rather than roasted. Colour is good, at least!

stirk

Burner

IPA of my own creation, a Hoppy beast perfect for a cold winter night.

I'm very likely to be at The Noble Hops Redfern tomorrow arvo from 4pm for some dark brews, ping me if any of you burners will be there and say hi.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
That coffee and donut milk stout was pretty different. Enjoyable though - recommend it! The Sludge Beast was HUGE.

Guess this is what I'll be picking up for the weekend (got my younger bro staying with us):

SummitFever

Eats Squid
That coffee and donut milk stout was pretty different. Enjoyable though - recommend it! The Sludge Beast was HUGE...
I too have been drinking my way through Plonk's stout selection. Sludgebeast was ok but a bit too much of everything. Cake hole was alright but the Old Money was mind blowing. Easily the best imperial I've had in a long while. Pity it only comes in bottles. It would be a worthy summit beer for winter mountain top overnighters.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I too have been drinking my way through Plonk's stout selection. Sludgebeast was ok but a bit too much of everything. Cake hole was alright but the Old Money was mind blowing. Easily the best imperial I've had in a long while. Pity it only comes in bottles. It would be a worthy summit beer for winter mountain top overnighters.

Picked this up from Plonk yesterday. I really liked it, not to heavy but very full flavoured- love a good chocolate stout!

Now on the other side of town to (both) Plonks, but found Candamber is at my local shops. Think others have mentioned it before, picked up a nice red for dinner there, yet to explore beer selection.