Whats the best beer you've had & why?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
You've sold me! Lots of sours I try once, and they mostly taste like tangy dishwater. Balance with sours must be tough. Just like I find anything with smoked malts is risky, unless they use it very sparingly.
I really struggle. When I was in the UK there were heaps of great wild ferments and geuze/gose/saison/etc variants that managed to deliver loads of flavour as well as the acidity (. Here I’ve struggled to find many who have got it, it’s almost like Aussie brewers see it as a “beer alternative” like shitty radlers were in 2010 rather than something with real potential.

The La Sirene Citray Sour is good too, pretty full on actually haha.

This was one of my London seasonal favourites - Partizan Raspberry Lemon Saison.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Wash your mouth out....

With one of these.

View attachment 374963
This triggers me. That fat headed Dainton jerk stretched my pin head goggles when he utilised the brewery I was working at to brew some batches while his brewery was getting set up.
He could have at least said sorry with some beers
If I want weird and wonderful, I'll have something from Robe Town Brewery. I love that they use a wood fire kettle and they often utilise foraged foods like Pigface and Muntries. They make a bloody nice amber and Porter too.
Not that I drink much, I'm a lightweight.

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
[
This triggers me. That fat headed Dainton jerk stretched my pin head goggles when he utilised the brewery I was working at to brew some batches while his brewery was getting set up.
He could have at least said sorry with some beers
If I want weird and wonderful, I'll have something from Robe Town Brewery. I love that they use a wood fire kettle and they often utilise foraged foods like Pigface and Muntries. They make a bloody nice amber and Porter too.
Not that I drink much, I'm a lightweight.
The fat headed one makes a nice blood orange neipa! I'm not familiar with any others that might deserve an apology!

I made an IPA, 20L batch and put in 1L of blood orange juice, it was nice but I've since made some NEIPA's with only the grain, hops, water and yeast that have turned out to be more a cup of OJ than a beer should be at 8am in the morning!

I rarely stay from Reinheitsgebot and think if brewtech es do it's with fruits and to make sours.

When I see a stout labelled double choc marshmellow vanilla espresso chewy sourdough I fucking avoid like the covid.

My first winter RIS doing it's thang, ready to keg in a few days and drinkable in maybe a month. This will be my 4th RIS and they have all been good and better than many commercial try hard wank fest ones I've tried.

PXL_20210428_095941623_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I find IPA to be awful. Go weissbier or go home.
I’m with you dude

I’m sure IPA is an acronym for “it’s piss alright”. I try IPA’s, and it reminds me when I first tied beer as a youngster.

I love Becks and Weihenstephan’s crystal clear.

All these IPA drinkers will call them cats piss.