Whats the best beer you've had & why?

cammas

Seamstress
Yep. My favourite dark beer period.

You remember passion pop? I reckon this is easier to drink on a hot day, nice balance, think it's another where I've gone back for more, from memory.
Yep that mixed with some sour worms. Shared some with my riding buddy the other weekend after a ride and went down way too easy mid winter, let alone mid summer.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Just kicking back after an enjoyable test ride of my newly rebuilt bike. Got a nice bed of cherry wood coals going and some scotch fillet on the grill over the top.

Drinking a White Bay Smoked Baltic Porter. A nice compliment to the fire.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Loath beer. Found one local IPA that goes pretty bloody well, fruity bastard, just what beer isn't meant to be.

Aunty jacks IPA.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I've been enjoying red ales recently. They put you on your arse but they're very much beer.
I've been enjoying the Philter session red lately.

Most of the beering I've been doing has been the Bentspoke mid range ale, Easy. I want to have a few but don't want my little girl to see me getting drunk. That can wait until she's heard about the concept from somewhere else first.

By the time she's gone to sleep, which is most often after 9 fucking pm, god damnit.., I'm usually too tired to get off the couch and get something stronger out of the fridge.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Brick Lane have a new "Trilogy of Fear", which has only been out a few weeks, so should be reasonably-well available. I'll update this post as I go, because I haven't had them all yet....

Chapter 1, "Hush Little Baby": labelled as "Voodoo Imperial Stout", over the normal rich syrupiness that characterises all Imperials, this has strong overtones of resinous conifer wood smoke, with a bit of vanilla & cacao mixed in. Not as sweet as other Imperials, the smoke, resin & spice are the dominant flavours. At 11.1% abv it is a big brew, but slightly tamer than the previous Trilogy.
Chapter 2, "Asylum": Sugar Maple, Amburana-aged Imperial Stout. Imperial Stouts are thick and syrupy by nature, and the maple bumps it up another notch. A little weirdly, the Amburana wood-ageing is more apparent in this brew than in last year's "pure" one; there's a definite nutty edge to this one. Bluddy nice. Also at 11.1%, it's a touch lighter than the previous series, but still bloody big and yum!

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Chapter 2, "Asylum": Sugar Maple, Amburana-aged Imperial Stout. Imperial Stouts are thick and syrupy by nature, and the maple bumps it up another notch. A little weirdly, the Amburana wood-ageing is more apparent in this brew than in last year's "pure" one; there's a definite nutty edge to this one. Bluddy nice. Also at 11.1%, it's a touch lighter than the previous series, but still bloody big and yum!
With that special taste of an endangered species.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Chapter 3, "Offering": Bourbon Imperial Stout. Sort of revisiting last year's series with this one. Like all Imperials, it's big, thick and impenetrably black, with a mild but noticeable smoky sweetness imparted by the spirit infusion. At 11.6%abv it's the strongest of this Trilogy, and although softer than the previous Trilogy is still quite a sock knocker offererer.

Overall, I don't think this year's Trilogy is quite as gobsmacking as last year's, however they're all still Bloody Impressive Beers. My pick out of these three is Chapter 2, "Asylum" with its nutty notes.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Garage Project on 6 taps at the Dutch Trading Co over here yesterday, so went through a few of them. Love that place, my wallet not so much