Whats the best chain lube?

omac

Likes Dirt
Bought some rock n roll blue from the LBS today, It was 50% off so I might as well give it a go.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Boeshield

Just recently I found this product..http://boeshield.com/features-benefits/bicycles/ . Have bought a small bottle and will test it out as soon as it arrives.. it certainly sounds good..maybe too good? I have never liked dry lubes, but will be openminded about this one.

LOL....Just read the MRP link above ...

UNAPPROVED LUBES
Prolink Progold
Purple Extreme
Finish Line Dry
Triflow Dry
WD-40
Boeshield T-9

OOPS!!:caked:

Lucky I dont use a chain device !

Last edited:

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've used Rock N Roll blue, Finishline Wet even tried motorbike spray lube, bike shop recommended Rock N Roll Gold so that's what I"m using now.

Not sure what the difference is between Rock N Roll blue and gold. I do find the Finishline Wet did deposit more gunk on the cassette / chainrings compared to using a dry lube like R&R Gold.

fundermental

Likes Bikes
Just recently I found this product..http://boeshield.com/features-benefits/bicycles/ . Have bought a small bottle and will test it out as soon as it arrives.. it certainly sounds good..maybe too good? I have never liked dry lubes, but will be openminded about this one.

LOL....Just read the MRP link above ...

UNAPPROVED LUBES
Prolink Progold
Purple Extreme
Finish Line Dry
Triflow Dry
WD-40
Boeshield T-9

OOPS!!:caked:

Lucky I dont use a chain device !
I use the BOESHEILD T-9 on advice from a LBS, just don't go overboard on it. I'm pretty anal about looking after my chain, i clean it thoroughly after every ride and so far the BOESHIELD has been better than the ProGold I was using on advice from another LBS.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Squirt lube seems to work for me. Used to use Rock n Roll lube but found it was difficult to apply on cold days (ie. winter). By apply I mean it hardened.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Squirt lube seems to work for me. Used to use Rock n Roll lube but found it was difficult to apply on cold days (ie. winter). By apply I mean it hardened.
you are so soft cheesy - everyone knows that on cold days you need to warm the liquid. Tuck it down the front of your knicks while you are getting ready or in you ar*e crack is the ticket- just make sure the lid is on tight or it can leak and it get very messy (but well lubricated)

After trying everything - RnR for me- it is the lest messy and attracts less dirty than any other.

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Podium lube, tested and produced in Australia, the ust sealant is very good too
Support people who put back into our scene!

Kramer

FoBR
+1 for Clean Ride. Amazing stuff and not that expensive. Guaranteed cleaner chains and drivetrains. Extends chain life too.
+2 for Clean ride. I use Clean Ride on my DJ/park bike (doesn't get a lot of dirt or Kms), but I use Epic Ride on my trail bike which gets lots of Kms.