Whats the funniest thing you have found on a trail?

Hmm... Looking back this sounds funny but at the time...

Me and my bro were bombing round some local woods in the UK about 20 years ago. As we came down one part of the trail there was a dude crouched down behind a tree. As we got closer he looked up, stood up and we saw he was dressed full on in suspenders and all that kinda gear and was, well, lets just say on a family forum, he was "tickling" himself...! As we got closer me and my bro both screamed, he stood up and ran TOWARDS us! A little freaked out by this, we never went back to those woods. Brings a whole new meaning to "if you go down to the woods today, you'll never believe your eyes!"

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not on the mtb but out 4wding, we came across a camel in Mt Disappointment Vic, that was fairly random..

Warwick

Likes Dirt
There was a poo bandit plying his trade at Lysterfield a few years back. On a particular bit of trail, doing our weekly night rides, some human turds would appear, garnished with blue toilet paper. A week later they would appear in a slightly different position.

G-radam

Squid
Odd fellas

Saw some strange men walking through - were wearing full white, pointy white face masks / hats, eye holes - awful nice blokes, idk what they were doing though.

uzzi

Likes Bikes
Saw some strange men walking through - were wearing full white, pointy white face masks / hats, eye holes - awful nice blokes, idk what they were doing though.
Hey Dude, Too Right, saw the same thing doing night rides at Bunyaville State Forest, Stacks of people in white robes like KKK wondering around in the bush, scared the crap out of us at first, Like WTF. Weird shit goes on at night in the forests.

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
had a mate take us camping once, got completely drunk on a pub crawl before getting there which lead to us getting completely lost. we were definitely in wrong place but walked about 200m up a trail carrying a bunch of eskys and beer and a huge tent (minus any tent pegs which were forgotten...) we decided we could be arsed going any further and camped there in the middle of the trail.. next morning we had a few walkers and bike riders telling us it was a trail and not a camp ground... the tent did manage to block the trail pretty well but by morning with no pegs it had pretty much fallen flat, there were even tire tracks across one side of the tent where people had just ridden over it to get past....

ohhh uni days were fun...

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Three things recently....a gold medal hanging from a tree...obviously left behind by a champion of some sort,

photo (3).JPG

a brand new tennis ball just sitting right in the middle of the trail...looking like it had been placed...que the anyone for tennis? jokes

photo (4).JPG

and then shortly after a koala that shot up a tree and then had a nice long piss (maybe the colour of my bike scared it..dayglo yellow)

photo (5).JPG

...or perhaps the koala had something to do with the tennis ball....hmmmm strange things going on in the Wombat State Forest these days...

Last edited:

jhenry

Likes Bikes
A mate and myself pulled up on our local trail to have a breather and a chat, as we went to pedal off about a minute later we notice a juvinile brown snake sun baking right between us.
A bit scary for a second.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
headless bird that had its feathers taken all off and littered all over our up ramp.
that was an odd one!

Engelados

Likes Bikes
Witnesses a drug transaction

Very early in the morning, in my local park, saw a couple of bags changing hands and a lot of cash :D
(Greece)