Whats your opinion on the Fox Rp23.

michaelg

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys and Girls,

Looking to hear weather the Rp23 is very we respected among the bike community.
Regards
Michael

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In honesty, it's the standard.
There's virtually no other rear damper on any decent production bike that uses this level/spec of shock.
That being said, I have a RockShox Monarch 4.3 on one bike (I have the RP23 on another) which is actually very good - underrated, I reckon.
The side benefit is you can buy a Monarch (there's several models) from overseas for much less than you can buy an RP23 locally (Fox won't let you buy from overseas, they don't allow their retailers to sell offshore).
Worth a look if you're in the market.

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Head to head ..... bang for buck, Fox is prolly gonna win 8 times out of 10. But with that said, my mate rides a Mongoose Kyber with a Marz Rocco air can and to be honest its a pretty awesome damper for all conditions. DH, FR and even completed the 09 Scott 24hr on it.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Head to head ..... bang for buck, Fox is prolly gonna win 8 times out of 10. But with that said, my mate rides a Mongoose Kyber with a Marz Rocco air can and to be honest its a pretty awesome damper for all conditions. DH, FR and even completed the 09 Scott 24hr on it.
That's me! I'm happy with it but I don't know any better, so it's all relative I guess..
Fox have pro-pedal, is that right? That could sway the conversation. But if you ain't got it, you don't worry about it!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
That's me! I'm happy with it but I don't know any better, so it's all relative I guess..
Fox have pro-pedal, is that right? That could sway the conversation. But if you ain't got it, you don't worry about it!
Thats very true ... and if your a set and forget type as well ... then your never going to know.

I thought the rocco was more competition for the DHX Air though ??

I don't have an RP23 ... but I have a float R and x2 DHX 5 airs. The float is on a trance and takes a hammering. I was going to upgrade to an RP23 ... but the sound advice I was given on here is that since I'm set and forget and I was happy with the pedalling of the Float ... then moving to a 23 wasn't worth it.

Hope that helps ... why are we in watering hole ?

BTW
The DHX 5s are also very awesome (several threads are available with a search).

Are are you thinking of putting it on ?? and what will it replace ??

Bacca

Likes Dirt
I've got a 2007 Float R and a 2008 DHX 5 Air. Both are great shocks.

(Fox won't let you buy from overseas, they don't allow their retailers to sell offshore).
I bought a 2008 32 Float from Gatineau (Ottawa) in Canada via ebay at the end of last year. Best price I could get from anywhere I looked.

Bacca

Likes Dirt
From a bike shop with an ebay store though so I thought it was worth mentioning. It was actually Rocky Mountain Cycles in Colorado and the DHX air came from Gatineau.