whats your worst crash??

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
This could get painful and i don't know if this thread has been done b4 but what are peoples worst crashes?

I've got a few...worst injury would be trying to rear wheel stall and then hop back in backwards on top of steep dirt jump...brakes didn't work on the like fufanu bit, slammed the foot, look down as foot goes 90 degrees to my leg...a week b4 year12 grad and schoolies, broken 3 spots, plate 8 screws one side, big pin the other side.

Another, new bike, riding down mapleton range on bitumen, fangin it at about 60 or so, sweepin 90 degree bend, 2/3 way through rear wheel slips, grips, highsides me motorbike style into other lane of traffic, no cars coming tho (so i'm told, i don't remember from wheel slipping till i got home) just v bad gravel rash and a helmet in about 8 pieces. where your helmets kids!!! saved me.

Another one top of rock chute on hubbards hard, mt cootha, hesitated or something, front wheel stops, i go over hanger, prob bout 6-7 foot of air time straight onto rocks below...this is prob crash with most potential for injury, got out of it with small cut on hand.

SquarkyD

Likes Dirt
60km/h on road, 8 stiches in one elbow, massive cuts/grazes on both knees, hands, elbows.

aside from that a rather average looking stack on my cruiser during a race, hooked bars with another guy and went over the hangers, somehow managed to wreck my ACL in my knee.

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
well it wasn't actually a bad crash in the terms of pain and broken bones but it was in the terms of time in the race that i was in.

it was a tamworth last year at the state round. and after the big rock garden there are 2 switch backs befor it goes out into the open. and being a sport rider ,your run is at the end of everyones 1st run and these corners were a little(i mean big) washed out.
so i washed out fliped the bike on the spot and i then cartwheeled into the trees near by and my bike also got hooked in one of then thar trees.

once i found where my bike was and witch way the track went i had
lost about 30 secs. and i rolled down to the finish in a little pain for a good old last spot .but who cares.
oh yeah my elbow was very grapefruit lookin as well. dose that count.

G

crash

I have a couple

One was on the Little Ovens XC circuit in kalamund PERTH!!:D anyway theres a technical (for xc) downhill and I was keen for it so i was going fast and got in a rut which directed my head into a tree. I went over the bars so im told and was clipped into my pedals so the bike came with me like frontflip styles and then i landed on my tail bone no where near the track i was told they spend 5 miniutes looking for where i landed

Another one i was invovled in happedend at a skate park over this fence no footed and landed on the road with the shell of my helmet cracked around my head and the casing on the other side of the road :roll:

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
i got two really bad ones. this first is on page three of the most embarassing bike moment thread- (testicles meets bike bell)m the second was at HQ skate park in leederville, Perth. i was trialsin and took a drop of nipple high (i am 173cm tall) to flat, i did it 3 times before, succesfully that night. on the 4th attempt, the guy turned off the skateparks lights, cos he was closing up and my chain skipped when i went to lurch off. these factors combined meant i went face first into the concrete and was concussed for 20 mins, i killed two teeth (i have them root canaled since) and i have nice biking related scars on my face. the best bit is, the next day i went in to enroll for uni and my student card has a picture of me, with a busted up face.

apart from the two above stacks, i have been pretty lucky to not have hurt myself too badly, considering.

Adi

It's my birthday!
No footer lander at skatepark, bent the seat rails, my first attempt at a no footer :lol:

I'll post back when I have some real injuries like you guys ;)

curtisrider

Eats Squid
Stacks

Nosed dived a jump after missing the bar coming back from a one hander. Landed on my Face and was bleeding from by mouth and nose aswell as landing on my hip after my face and wasn't able to walk propely for a week. i also got grazes on my arms and legs.
The surface round the jumps is shit, clay and little sharp rocks all over the place. :( :( :(

fastrider gus

super huck
jeeze dudes! you would wonder why we put ourselves through so much for a bike!
my worst prang is when i was hooning down a steep blue metal gravelly hill at about 60k's chasing my friend, i tried to pedal a bit more to catch him and the cranks just spun me over the bars and i skidded and rolled for about 10-15m into a steel pole head first. i was out for a while and i woke up coughing up blood and shit. i still have the helmet with the front smashed in (probably saved a large number of braincells) and the dirt in my leg and chin..

S.

ex offender
Ran into the side of a car that went thru a stopsign at 55km/h. I got a concussion and two badly bruised knees out of it.

adam

Likes Dirt
Ive had a few. :(

The main one was getting a little too much speed at the bmx track, clearing the table top, and landing on my hip from about 13ft. My hip went black, then blue, then purple, then yellow. Most things on the bike were very bent. But i rode home, and went out to drink the pain away that night. It still hurts bad if i hit it the wrong way and its been over a year. Maybe i sould have seen a doctor. :? :?

besides that, just the standard scabby knees and elbows that come with riding. They look like burnt cheese in parts :D

Adam

nhd

Likes Dirt
clipping the back of parked ute (dont ask), flipping over bars and laying on the ground about 5ms from my house :p

Ryan

Radministrator
3 weeks ago, Binning it off a drop, hands slipping off the brakes and plowing through a berm and off a 9 foot drop to big angry rocks.
Nett result, a badly broken elbow, considerable blood loss (BP down into double digits by the time I got into hospital) 1 plate, 8 screws (check Phat Snaps forum for details) 2 operations, 4 days in hospital and all the sweet, sweet morphine I could handle :)

Jared

Yeti Cycles
killed a kidney, bulk internal bleeding, helicopter ride, extended hospital stint, all that fun stuff.

perfor8r

Likes Dirt
man, there's some serious hurt going around :shock: ...but all is a day's ride I guess!

My worst was when I was on my XC hardtail when a friend of mine was on his Santa Cruz Bullit, he was just ploughing through a really rocky section when i tried to follow his exact line. He made it around a corner where a tree was right at the apex of the turn, i didn't! Clipped the tree with my shoulder so hard it unclipped me and spun me around 180 degrees, landing flat on my back and smacking the back of my head on a rock. I got up thinking I was okay only to realize my helmet had been split in two :(
Apparently after that I collapsed and passed out for about 20 seconds!!!
Couldn't lift my right arm for about three weeks with a subluxed shoulder and a pretty bad concussion!

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
back when i had an apollo "hardcore" dual suspension i made this ~6foot to flat ladder drop with some mates down near gardiners creek. did it 3 times, then on the 4th didnt pedal enough, nose dived and landed on my head :lol: fcuked myself good on that one and broke my brothers helmet :D AND the RST SURVIVED!!! :eek:
i havent done a drop since but.

perfor8r

Likes Dirt
andrew said:
back when i had an apollo "hardcore" dual suspension i made this ~6foot to flat ladder drop with some mates down near gardiners creek. did it 3 times, then on the 4th didnt pedal enough, nose dived and landed on my head :lol: fcuked myself good on that one and broke my brothers helmet :D AND the RST SURVIVED!!! :eek:
i havent done a drop since but.
that sux when things get stuck in your head like that :?
Took me a while to not sketch out and slow right down when I saw a tree on a corner![/b]

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Well apart from numerous smashed helmets and numerous concussions there is one big crash thats memerable.

Years ago when jared and myself started riding together we were racing down this fireroad with some big waterbars side by side. Anyway we got mixed up where the finish was, he thought it was one waterbar back from where i thought. So i thought there was a passing move, i hit the waterbar he thought was the finish and from then on i have no knowledge of what happened. I was concussed for like half and hour and when i sort of regained my composure i found jared rear wheel with about 20 spokes missing. I must have landed next to him or something and my pedal went into his rear wheel anhilating it.

So we both ended up very sore and i didn't get over the concussion for about an hour. My helmet was smashed and we've never raced down a fireroad scince.