wheel builds ???????????????

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i went in there and asked what it would cost to get a pair of wheels built up and this is what they said -
Wheel build each wheel - $60 ( so $120 the pair)
DT double butted spokes + nipples - $60 ($120 the pair)
So that makes it $240 for a set of wheels built up.
can you recommend any good places in or near sydney (im in Newcastle) that do good wheel builds ??????
Im not too keen on paying nearly$250 ontop of what the wheels have already cost me.

Thanks

Damo

Likes Dirt
guys, where are you buying your spokes from? I pay 50c/spoke plus a brass nippple for standard DT 14 gauge spokes(DT Champion). 32 x .5 = $16 u do the math

Rik

logged out
I'll tell you something Damo, that price you're getting is very very cheap, shops aren't making much profit at all. It all depends on what sort of relationship you have with your shop, as some may be more flexible than others.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Damo said:
guys, where are you buying your spokes from? I pay 50c/spoke plus a brass nippple for standard DT 14 gauge spokes(DT Champion). 32 x .5 = $16 u do the math
You've either got a very good relationship, or a dodgy deal, cause your shop is making less than 10c off you per spoke! Sounds very suspect IMO

wombat

Lives in a hole
j5ive said:
So, To add to the conversation how much are standard 26" tubes where YOU live?

$5 here.
Good question! Actually, I'm starting a new thread for this....(sorry j5ive, I'm pinching your idea).