When did this thread turn into a scooter discussion?

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Forget about mountain bikes being exxy, what about scooters? I bought Mr 9 a new one this morning and I know it's an upgrade from his old Razor but bloody hell...I think I may have purchased the scooter equivalent of a Santa Cruz/Pivot/Evil/SWORKS.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Forget about mountain bikes being exxy, what about scooters? I bought Mr 9 a new one this morning and I know it's an upgrade from his old Razor but bloody hell...I think I may have purchased the scooter equivalent of a Santa Cruz/Pivot/Evil/SWORKS.
Some of these things go over 2k. I think they've even gone carbon now. Needs a seat.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
They get into the 4 digits. Used to sell plenty of 300+ ones. Kids wouldn't go near a bike though.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
They get into the 4 digits. Used to sell plenty of 300+ ones. Kids wouldn't go near a bike though.
Holy shite, yeah the one bought had a RRP of $300...into the thousands is next level crazy, I feel slightly better about the whole ordeal now.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Holy shite, yeah the one bought had a RRP of $300...into the thousands is next level crazy, I feel slightly better about the whole ordeal now.
I have one of these that somebody left here a year or two ago. Full susser! I just searched it ..... $99 @BIGW

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The atx 990 has varied quite a bit over the years. Pity none of the other examples were included, seems like the article was a little rushed.

View attachment 359123

I think the guy writing the article was confusing Tomac's Giant with Tomac Raliegh...that was unobtainium...the Giant, you could just buy those from your local Giant dealer...well until you got to Tomac's Intens..er "giant"

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
the electric scooters are a thing - i reckon they are OK value at the $700 mark - perfect for taking on a train, not having to lock it up, take into the pub etc etc- avoidance of helmets etc etc. (i just put etc etc there because it makes look like ive got a long list of advantages but i dont - thats the end.)

mtb1611

Seymour
One of my boys is into it, mucho expensive, parts wear out a helluva lot quicker than bike parts. One of my nepews has one that set him back $1100 all up and try as a I might and can't see any difference between it and my son's $300 job.