when the server was down....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Went fishing and it was blowing its guts out with a 2m sea.
Cracked open the plastic box of a new $20 squid jag, it jumped into the water before I even had time to touch it... back to the old faithful $2 green machine and bagged out.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Submitted to the parliamentary Joint committee on intelligence and security on the vulnerability of national critical online mountain biking infrastructure to foreign interference.
Did they reply with a copy of the VMware Esxi High Availability white paper?

Or this clip, which must be the most dry, fucking boring presentation ever. My accountant is more exciting then this dude.

Seriously, host failure is easily preventable.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
In Melbourne for work and a busy week, still missed it when I had the off chance to check. Hardware replacement apparently, is this thing sitting under someone's desk who works in a data centre? ;)

stirk

Burner
Haha, spent the week in Jervis bay and didn't even know the site was down being too busy riding, fishing and largely offline :)

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Not bagging on Vmware but split brain on distributed clusters at 3am can be an utter chunt to resolve, especially when it has to be back 100% before sun up.

Sound like the time a long S.M.A.R.T test at 3am on Western Digital drives would cause systems to crash, while all other drive vendors were fine. That took some time to find.

Zero VM at work, I only use it at home with an educational license.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Sound like the time a long S.M.A.R.T test at 3am on Western Digital drives would cause systems to crash, while all other drive vendors were fine. That took some time to find.

Zero VM at work, I only use it at home with an educational license.
Not so much the physical layer but when distributed databases don't get quorum between them and both wake up and think that they are the boss. That just takes time to resolve.

I think VM's are super and kill the need for large servers underneath tables now. I stage stuff on my laptop before lab and production deployments now.

Enables me to mess with MTBs in the morning. Winning for now.