where are all the DH bikes gone ?

Jambo

Likes Dirt
been out of the game for a few years, started having a look online this weekend for listings of full setups new and used. Nothing around.

Does any retailer in Australia stock kona operator at the moment?

jrewing

Eats Squid
Rode my aurum at Derby the other week. Shuttles obviously. Racing Maydena DH soon so needed to dust it off and get a feel again. Went quicker on Airyagarn than the Meta. Had enough odd looks though.. DH bikes look way cooler imo.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
been out of the game for a few years, started having a look online this weekend for listings of full setups new and used. Nothing around.

Norco,gt, Scott commencal, only new ones I've seen in long, long time. Do they even make a glory anymore?

Edit: if you come across a large 2011-12 Lapierre dh720/920 happy to take it, minus the hot one on eBay..want to bafang one for shits n giggles.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia

Plenty on FB…though double the price of their value.

moorey

call me Mia
No denying they look Cool AF... But completely unpractical for alot of people.
They’re a one trick pony, given the improved suspension and geometry of modern 160-180mm Enduro/AM bikes these days. I sold my Devinci DH bike 18 months ago because for Aussie tracks (and my riding ability), there’s nothing I can’t do as well on a burly build 160mm. I just swap wheelset if I know it’s a particularly brutal rocky track.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
They died with lack of shuttle access.
It’s easier to don the pit vipers and bum bag then go for a 2 hour ride, than it is to organise shuttles with a dual cab. all u old cunts started going to Sunday markets and having kids instead smashing runs and sinking tins with the lads yewwwww

nothing beats going Mach chicken on the dh bike though, ride an enduro bike at a shuttle spot then jump on a dh bike and the difference is huge.

moorey

call me Mia
nothing beats going Mach chicken on the dh bike though, ride an enduro bike at a shuttle spot then jump on a dh bike and the difference is huge.
Yeah….but depends on the DH bike and the enduro bike. If it’s an older DH v modern enduro,
I’m yet to hit anything really gnarly on the ENR, but I doubt it would give up much to the Wilson, and would absolutely obliterate the 222

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Absolutely, but seeing as jambo asked for a retailer I don’t think he’s looking for a 6 y/o trail bike or an 18y/o dh bike.

if you jump on a new dh bike it will make ur enr feel like your 222.

moorey

call me Mia
Absolutely, but seeing as jambo asked for a retailer I don’t think he’s looking for a 6 y/o trail bike or an 18y/o dh bike.

if you jump on a new dh bike it will make ur enr feel like your 222.
But he did say new or used. Only asked about a retailer in relation to Kona.
I’ve ridden Felix’s 2020 operator with WC boxxers and sweet spec. Lovely. But I have a lot more fun on a solid 160 these days.
He’s raced it a total of 3 times thanks to lockdowns, and I can’t see him racing it this season seeing he prefers riding the Revel.

LPG

likes thicc birds
I love the look of some of the strange suspension linkages of DH and freeride bikes of that era, the glory on the other hand just looks shit. "Let's keep the tubes straight, we'll just punch a hole into the downtube and have the lower shock mount hang down level with the bb".

jrewing

Eats Squid
They died with lack of shuttle access.
It’s easier to don the pit vipers and bum bag then go for a 2 hour ride, than it is to organise shuttles with a dual cab. all u old cunts started going to Sunday markets and having kids instead smashing runs and sinking tins with the lads yewwwww

On decent tracks the DH bike is more composed, so you can push further. Plus it’s easier on the ankles and Rotator. But when you do go over the edge it’s definitely a bigger wreck. Haha
I dislike long travel XC

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Maybe contact the Austalian importer for Kona

Group Sportif (03) 8878 1000

Also check out Canyon bikes they sell direct to consumer, YT-Industries bikes can be purchased from pushys.com.au

The bike shed in Mortdale deal with Mondraker and Norco

https://tbsm.com.au/collections/downhill-freeride

Giant Glory:

https://www.bicyclesuperstore.com.a...ion_mountain-bike/products/giant-glory-1-2020

Comnencal Bikes sell direct: (02) 9979 5290

Yarra valley Cycles have the 2021 operator listed on their site but I don't know if they ship complete bikes.

https://yarravalleycycles.com/a/dual-suspension-mountain-bikes/kona/vic/lilydale/operator/110726966