Where are round 1 results

MATTY R

Likes Dirt
Ive had a look and i cant find any of the results for round 1.

Are they up yet? Why do they always take so long to get put up? HMBA manage to get theirs up the same afternoon as the race.

Dont get me wrong, Im not trying to be a smartarse but who wants to wait weeks to see how you went. You wouldnt go and watch a footy match if they made you wait 2 week to see who won.

tate6969

Likes Bikes
Yeah that's pretty slack.
Doesn't want make you want to go back if you don't even know how you went in the previous round.
Here's hoping they get it up before round 2!

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
The club is run by those who volunteer. Believe it or not, they probably have more important things to do than worry about some punter whinging about how they haven't got their results back from a local club race. Acquire some patience.

MATTY R

Likes Dirt
The club is run by those who volunteer. Believe it or not, they probably have more important things to do than worry about some punter whinging about how they haven't got their results back from a local club race. Acquire some patience.
Look, i really do understand. Ive been a member and volunteer for the club over the years. At the end of the day i am just a punter..... but a punter that pays entry fees that support the club. No punters = no money.

Cap

Likes Dirt
Volunteer or not it's pretty piss poor for someone to pay $15 for a club race and not see results or get a reply to their enquiry after two weeks. Do you think people would race if they couldn't see their results? No chance. Somehow, HMBA and WSMTB volunteers both post their results the same day and it costs less to race HMBA atleast.
I know a few of us that won't be going back to race Ourimbah for these reasons. Bit of a shame really.

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Volunteer or not it's pretty piss poor for someone to pay $15 for a club race and not see results or get a reply to their enquiry after two weeks. Do you think people would race if they couldn't see their results? No chance.
Here's a thought: Why not volunteer to be the person that takes care of the results if it's getting to you that much, rather than bitching about it anonymously on the internet?

Somehow, HMBA and WSMTB volunteers both post their results the same day and it costs less to race HMBA atleast.
They're also not the largest club in NSW.

I know a few of us that won't be going back to race Ourimbah for these reasons.
With an attitude like that, I doubt you'll be missed.

Cap

Likes Dirt
Sounds like you are the one doing some anonymous bitching fella. I couldn't give a toss. Just backing up the person who originally made the post.

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With an attitude like that, I doubt you'll be missed.
Andrew
With this type of attitude, they wont be the biggest for long. Your doing nothing for the clubs rep, as tattered as it already is, by continuing this barbed converstion. If your so deep in the club, produce the results, yourself, for the riders that rode that day, simple.

Its simply too easy now to drive the extra 20mins up the F3, to get better value for money to race (and social ride) at Awaba. HMBA also has volunteers that run the club and yet, as previously mentioned, the results are up same day. So the "volunteers do it" excuse is hollow.

Last edited:

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Fair point, Simon. I have no idea who's in charge of that in the XC side of things, however, I do not believe getting on a public forum and anonymously trash talking the club is fair. In fact, I find it pretty cowardly. Enough's probably been said on the subject so I will simply say that those who are concered about their results should either wait for them to come out, or contact the club directly and see what's up, rather than publicly slandering them. Chances are they would be more than happy to help you out. It's easy to forget that organization's such CCOMTB are run for riders, by riders, and not for profit.

faberdiaz

Squid
Agree, let's use this space to find a solution!

Fair point, Simon. I have no idea who's in charge of that in the XC side of things, however, I do not believe getting on a public forum and anonymously trash talking the club is fair. In fact, I find it pretty cowardly. Enough's probably been said on the subject so I will simply say that those who are concered about their results should either wait for them to come out, or contact the club directly and see what's up, rather than publicly slandering them. Chances are they would be more than happy to help you out. It's easy to forget that organization's such CCOMTB are run for riders, by riders, and not for profit.
I think the issue is related to the timing system that is used. I've seen the manual process around it and you probably have to play with names and spreadsheets for a while. As mentioned before, this is done by volunteers and their commitment is highly appreciated... Other clubs seem to be using a computer based program which only requires to input the rider number and then calculates the rest of the data? I wonder how expensive is this program? Mtba may support or supply it? These are just some ideas and of course I understand how anxious you can get when waiting for race results :)

Hopefully if some of us have some extra time we can do some research about timing and talk to the guys that are running the club in the next round

Cheers

spikenet

Likes Dirt
Certainly last year all timing was manual and requires hours of data entry to produce results. I'd imagine this is still the case.

MTBA provide the timing software to clubs for free, however, making the leap from the tried and tested manual method to computers can be a difficult one. I think they tried it last year and had technical issues so stayed manual.

I can see both sides of this dilemma where members (who pay good money to the club) want results in a timely manner and the club has a turn-around time in the weeks due to having a "life". This is especially true now most clubs are providing results the night of the event online!

Maybe someone with technical smarts could offer some help setting up the system and providing some idea's on backup solutions.

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Results...

In the Downhill we know the results on the day through the afternoon - but it takes three or four committed volunteers on the day. If this is the case with XC - which I can imagine to be more difficult to keep track of who is where in relation of on course - I am sure the committee will rectify the problem.
Adrian.

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
XC Results

It has being brought to my attention that the results for the 1st XC race have not been posted there is no excuse for this!
I will follow this up with Mitch to get the results up ASAP. Sorry for this situation it should not occur again.

If you decide to leave a club for something of this nature you have my blessing again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
CLub contacts

Just letting everyone know XC results will only be loaded up to the CCOMTB website not on this Rotorburn forum the reason this thread has gone unnoticed is because the committee don't generally get into Rotorburn.

If you need to check on any results details or have concerns with data put up please refer the the club website www.ccomtb.com.au under contacts and email the XC co-ordinator.

ccc 34

Likes Bikes
DH round 1 results for 06-03-2011

Hey guys, where can we find the results for the first round of downhill held on 06/03/2011 ???
Cheers

ccc 34

Likes Bikes
Helping out with timing etc

Hey Sledger,
Just had my knee operation and will not be competing the round 2 DH, but can possibly help out with timing etc. Let me know if I can help.

Regards
Craic Connolly

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, where can we find the results for the first round of downhill held on 06/03/2011 ???
Cheers
Gday Craig Pete puts the results up on the downhill section.

If you want to assist with timimg on the 17/4 it will be great.

Hope you heal quickly