Where in the world can i find a freehub for a 2011 easton haven wheel?

nathanm

Eats Squid
So have managed to troubleshoot my grinding noise down to the rear wheel but the freehub thread is crossed/stripped so if i take the cassette off i doubt itll go back on.

I've found one UK store selling them for a 100 quid which is a bit rich. So do I have any alternate options?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Hang on didn't read it properly. If just the free hub then maybe someone will have one but remember a whole new rear wheel is $180 so don't pay too (thanks @moorey you pedant) much to fix an old wheel.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
So have managed to troubleshoot my grinding noise down to the rear wheel but the freehub thread is crossed/stripped so if i take the cassette off i doubt itll go back on.

I've found one UK store selling them for a 100 quid which is a bit rich. So do I have any alternate options?
I had a similar wheelset of the same era. Only wheelset I have ever destroyed the bearings in completely (rust/ water ingress) and had constant problems with pre-load. Ended up in the bin after 6 months, so best of luck.

nathanm

Eats Squid
I had a similar wheelset of the same era. Only wheelset I have ever destroyed the bearings in completely (rust/ water ingress) and had constant problems with pre-load. Ended up in the bin after 6 months, so best of luck.
I've read similar reviews but have been absolutely amazing for me with years and years of constant performance without any maintenance. Though my years and years probably only means 500 odd km

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I got a whole bunch of Easton stuff off Jenson and SJS cycles a couple of years ago.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
You're going to struggle finding a new one for that vintage. A few years ago Easton got bought out by someone else and completely fucked their entire global distribution in the process.

Unless there was some component carry-over between pre- and post-buyout, the new distributors (incidentally, there still isn't an Easton distro in Aus) probably won't have their mitts on the older stuff.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
There's a store in the UK selling them for 100 quid.....But you already knew that.
Small price to pay for something old that you want. It's about the right price for a free hub body.

sebbyreddan

Likes Dirt
XD or Shimano?
Moorey, what parts do you need? My 26er frame recently died, and I have a stash of Easton Carbon Haven crap I have hoarded over several years of trying to keep my bike going.

Last edited:

nathanm

Eats Squid
Can they be repaired? Cartridge bearings? Are the pawls or pawl spring stuffed?
Unknown at this stage, all I know is it's making a clicking/grinding noise pretty much once or twice a rotation of the cranks. The noise is not consistent and tends to be less the harder I pedal.
The issue is the crossed threds in the freehub body. I checked the cassette and whilst not loose (in fact it feels perfectly tight on there), I could tighten the lockring around a quarter turn more but dared not go any further for fear of creating further damage to the thread.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
More info required can you take the lockring off even if cross threaded it might be fine with another lockring since it could be the soft bit ?
And then you can examine the hub + see what might be clunking so not necessarily a catastriophe ?