Where to buy Isopropyl Alcohol?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mitre 10 sell 500ml bottles for around $10 last time I bought. It was some no name brand, not diggers. Disc brake cleaner from repco works great, I flush bearings with it and clean pads/rotors with no issues. If I am feeling anal I spray down the rotors with iso after the disk brake cleaner. Haven’t noticed a difference, only that disc brake cleaner takes a smidge longer to evaporate.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Call me crazy, for non critical uses, I uses spray degreaser at $2 a can. And for brake surfaces, brake cleaner at $7 a can which lasts a year or 2 at least. Alcohol is just a pump pack whereas brake clean fires out high pressure cleaner that removes most contaminates easily.

But you can’t drink it, so there’s that...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Call me crazy, for non critical uses, I uses spray degreaser at $2 a can. And for brake surfaces, brake cleaner at $7 a can which lasts a year or 2 at least. Alcohol is just a pump pack whereas brake clean fires out high pressure cleaner that removes most contaminates easily.

But you can’t drink it, so there’s that...

Same, brake cleaner for bike parts and degreaser for cleaning up a big mess. I have an ISO bottle, but it only gets used when I run out of brake cleaner.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Don't buy the little spray bottle of it at Bunnings, it does not even burn. Complete rubbish
I dare you to light it and put your hand over the top then....

Expect a post in the fuckwits thread in a couple of days when he realises you can't see the flames

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

safreek

I dare you to light it and put your hand over the top then....

Expect a post in the fuckwits thread in a couple of days when he realises you can't see the flames

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Did it, put my hand over it, no heat. I mentioned it ages ago in a post about brake cleaning. Not the 500ml bottle but these ones

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
If you guys struggle to find it, the artisie folk are calling it a blending solution and charging an incredible amount for a tiny bottle. Just some have extra goodies in them so be cautious.