Where to get coloured parts.

{ScarFace}

Likes Dirt
Do what you want man. Looks are important.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/

is your friend, all well below the retail price of your local bike shop and with more variety. They've got free shipping until x-mas too.

Also, JetBlack is a great company based out of baulkham hills who will be distributed by most bike shops. They're really cheap, and come in a tonne of colours, check out the link.

http://www.jetblackproducts.com/categories/A

These will all be available through your local bike shop.

I hope that helps.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Yep, good on you and it's great to take pride in what you ride. As you say it's all about having fun and part of that is having a bike that you absolutely love. Dog knows we all spend money on customising our bikes to some extent; I know that that the Ti spring I have on my DH bike definitely doesn't make me faster... Nor do the matching red Hope hubs and the bling seat post. The Jet Black suggestion is a good one; they make some really light and quality components in a wide variety of colours which are very cost-effective. TBSM stock (some of) their products. Maybe check out Pushies as well.

joshbb

Likes Dirt
hey dude. colour does matter! bling is what makes bike that little bit better over the rest. it makes you stand out from the stock parts crowd and gives you something to be more proud of and to take more care of.

chromag make some wicked anodised parts as do raceface. also i beleive azonic make some cool looking shit and hope hubs are wicked looking and performing. deity have brought out some mad bars, not sure about gold though, but answer protapers come in gold (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=42512)

hope this helps!

MTB Wanabe

Likes Dirt
3 rules of life, which can be applied to any and all endeavours:

Rule 1. Look good,
Rule 2. Know what you are doing,
Rule 3. If you don't know what you are doing, look good doing it.

Blinging a bike up and tinkering is half the fun of biking!!!!!

Oh and Benny, would you mind proof reading before you post as some of what you have written is quite difficult to understand due to a number of errors.

Cheers

Benny.

Likes Bikes
Oh and Benny, would you mind proof reading before you post as some of what you have written is quite difficult to understand due to a number of errors.

Cheers
yeah it took longer to proof than to type because I'm on the iPhone, I did the best I could but I'll try use amcomputer from now. Thanks for your support.

I'll keep everyone updated with what I'm getting done.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Jeeeeeeez, if the 'kid' wanted a lecture from his parents I'm sure he would have asked them. Come on guys, give Benny a break. If he wants a few ano bits on his bike, what is wrong with that? Some of you say that this is a pointless thread, yet judging by the multiple replies, you have revisited it on quite a few occasions. Why are you bothering reading a pointless thread is the question I'm asking?

Benny, first try your local bike shop. If they are not willing to help do a Google search on 'anodized chain ring bolts' or whatever else you need and see where that takes you. Beware that a lot of stuff out there that is anodized and cheap is pretty rubbish ie cheap anodized hubs. Go for reputable brands. Hope do good stuff like Hubs, Headset spacers, seat post collars etc that is all good quality and comes in heaps of colours.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Also Token make some good quality affordable anodised bits.
You can actually buy a token bling kit and comes with a whole packet of ano stuff rather than buying it all individually.
I bling'd up my old commuter and spent double this buying all the chainring bolts. spacers and jockey wheels separately.

http://tbsm.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5493

Token Anodised Alloy Bling Kit, TBSM $97.95.

Kit includes;
* Super light CNC headset spacers (5, 10, 15mm)
* Chainring bolts (Set of 5)
* CNC Alloy Top cap & Alloy bolt
* Valve caps (Presta only)
* Bidon cage bolts (x 4)
* Down Tube Cable Adjusters
* Cassette Lockring (11t)
* CNC Jockey pulleys (11t) Sealed Steel Bearings
* Total weight: 72g
* Available in: Gold & Red - Shimano only (11t Jockey Pulleys)

nibbZ

Likes Dirt
NS BIKES has a range of gold parts.

For the record we all love our bikes so if you feel like kid go for it, but it will cost you and you got to weigh it up.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey buddy - ignore the web nazis - and bling the sh1t out of it. NS has insanely rad stuff, and I think they have 2012 parts landing in the next couple of weeks. Get it at ribbed.com.au. Otherwise, just kill it on CRC.

slowandold

Likes Dirt
Hey Benny,

Get SpokeyDokey to send you some pics of his handmade Irwin 650B. Every colour of the rainbow and iridescent also.
He doesn't read posts often, but may respond to a pm.

Enjoy

Benny.

Likes Bikes
Well ive decided not white and gold as i would look pretty funny, even though i said i dont care, i photoshopped a rough image of what it would look like and it looked pretty bad.

So pretty much custom my demo! What colour frame and parts should i get?