Where to ride, Brisbane

Blau

Cannon Fodder
Can any1 give me some clues as to where I can find more trails near Brisbane . I moved here a few years back and don't hav local knowledge . I'll ride anything DH to XC I'm over the well known trails like those featured on mtbdirt does Brisbane really hav that little amount of trails for such a large area??

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
xctrails.org
or buy the book, where to ride in SE queensland
or opencyclemap.org

there is heaps of stuff all within a 20 min drive of the centre.

chonox

Likes Dirt
gap creek, mount joyce, daisy hill. ATTACK!

Cornubia, Castle Hill, Jinker Track (Bunyaville), Beerburrum (closer to sunny coast), nerang (closer to gold coast), clear mountain

probably missed a few but enough to get you going. It will take you time to figure out the a nice circuit at same of these places but once you do there are very enjoyable rides to be had. Feel free to PM if you want to tag along sometime.

Last edited:

Blau

Cannon Fodder
Thanks, got the book, ride most places mentioned there's a couple mentioned Ill have to check out. Anyone know of any back country trails half day climbs with rewarding decents? Or more DH trails other than Joyce hennessy or clear mountain?

Asterope

Likes Dirt
The forestry managment trails in D'aguilar NP are multi use and great for riding, especially if you like xc/all day exploring

1) start at south Boundary rd (at the end of payne rd in the gap)
2) hundreds of kilometers of forest roads now at your disposal for your exploring pleasure
3) be sure to pack lunch and take plenty of water (there are some really nice spots with awesome views to stop for a rest)
4) be prepared for much grinding and swearing and hiking the bike and cursing why your legs cant pedal up that stupid hill

Genius Josh

Likes Dirt
Cornubia, Castle Hill, Jinker Track (Bunyaville), Beerburrum (closer to sunny coast), nerang (closer to gold coast), clear mountain

probably missed a few but enough to get you going. It will take you time to figure out the a nice circuit at same of these places but once you do there are very enjoyable rides to be had. Feel free to PM if you want to tag along sometime.
+1 can show you a few trails that we won't write about. Some already mentioned have 30+km loops of sweet single track. World class trail too if i must say. I can show you a few 700 odd m am fire road worn down to a single path descents (with a few horrible pinches) which could be shuttled. I usualy ride/ push up my favorite as it removes most of the spiderwebs and highlights new erosion created challenges (I still love fire road fall line trail of which we have plenty)there is heaps of riding within an hour or so of the cbd and 5 times as much within 3.

Bunyaville

Bunyaville on the Jinker Track, which is near Albany Creek is a great place. It has a range of track, ranging from fire routes to serious mtb stuff.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
The Noosa Trail Network might be of interest to you as well, lots of opportunities for full day or two day rides with interesting trails and great views.

While you are up there, check out Parklands and Wooroi.

If you are still bored and can't do a road trip to explore Coffs area and other northern NSW trails then ...... I'm afraid it is time to buy a new bike to make things interesting again (well, that's how I work anyway !)

blkluxy73

Likes Bikes
Is there anywhere in Brisbane that has any legal downhill runs?..what's Cornubia like as I live in the Redlands thanks guys....

Blau

Cannon Fodder
+1 can show you a few trails that we won't write about. Some already mentioned have 30+km loops of sweet single track. World class trail too if i must say. I can show you a few 700 odd m am fire road worn down to a single path descents (with a few horrible pinches) which could be shuttled. I usualy ride/ push up my favorite as it removes most of the spiderwebs and highlights new erosion created challenges (I still love fire road fall line trail of which we have plenty)there is heaps of riding within an hour or so of the cbd and 5 times as much within 3.
That sounds more promising iv heard there's a few low profile tracks around. The fire breaks sound like a load of fun too. The bigger the hills the better