Where to ride in NSW?

submit

Likes Bikes
Hey guys,
I am here for a few months for work and i have brought my bike with me. Where is a good trail around here and how can i get there withour a car?

Cheers,
Rane

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is a site that may help you out. http://nobmob.com/rides

If you click the tab at the top it shows more trails and their current status due to rain.

I live in Newcastle so I'm sure there are others in Sydney that could give you more info.

Snit

Likes Bikes
Sydney MTB Riders

Join the facebook group "Sydney MTB Riders. Plenty of people that organize rides and will be able to help you out. A lot of the best trails are not necessarily sanctioned or advertised publicly.

Just Noby

Cannon Fodder
penrith area

Hi guys, i will be in Sydney for a week or so from the 4th of June onward till the 10th and will be staying around penrith area. i will like to bring my bike over. any one can recommend any social ride in the nearby local trail?

Remmy7600

Cannon Fodder
Hi guys, i will be in Sydney for a week or so from the 4th of June onward till the 10th and will be staying around penrith area. i will like to bring my bike over. any one can recommend any social ride in the nearby local trail?
Hi Mate

I'm assuming you are talking about some XC riding and not DH. If so, some great trails are:

- Wylde MTB Tail (Google is your friend) - The first 6km are really annoying up-hill but after that it gets super fun, especially the last 3-4km. I would probably recommend going here if your on your own and can't organise a group ride as there are good facilities and lots of people coming and going during the week and also weekends. The trail is also well maintained and long enough to be worth the drive. If your keen after 1 you can knock over multiple laps as well.

- Yellowmundee (Google location) - I haven't been here for a few years, but if you cannot organise a group ride and are unsure about locations and trails, it is not as easy to find as the Wylde MTB trail but still super fun. Probably a bit more remote than Wylde but gets a few people on the weekend, not maintained as often, but good enough to ride. The top (first section) is quite technical and rocky, but the rest of the trail becomes quite flow.

- The Oaks Fire Trail (Glenbrook) - I have never done this, but it's popular from what I hear.