Where would you rather your money spent?

What's the best way to spend $20million?

• Bike paths

Votes: 44 66.7%
  • Anti-terrorism adverts

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Out of date confectionary

Votes: 20 30.3%

• Total voters

Rik

logged out
Inspired by reading two articles in the same newspaper, about spending taxpayer money.

The first:
Taxpayers are set to fork out as much as $20 million on the latest round of advertisements plugging the federal government's national security hotline.
And on another page, this:
Cr Moore has also nominated a $20 million network of connected bicycle paths to ease traffic congestion and make cycle travel safer.
Cue heated debate... Long term infrastructure to benefit a single city in many ways vs. advertising to make us feel warm and fuzzy at night knowing we're safe from those evil terrorists.

Lemontime

Eats Squid
20 Million on Anti-Terrorism adverts? Seems just a tad excessive.
20 Million on Cycle paths, now that's a life-fortune spent well!

I can't really think of anything else to say, now..

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Rik, i dont actually know what your trying to achieve in terms of heated debate...

I would assume that the response of bike paths to a cycling forum would be obvious, especially when compared against a hotline with doccumentedly shit response time/extreme limited effectiveness.

wtr

Likes Dirt
terroist hot line.. give's me something to do when im bored.
Blokes like you are responsible for putting the following ethnics in custody...

"I swore to gwod, it was all Rocky, bring me a kabeb and I'll tell you everything, I swore to gwod."

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thing that suprises me is how people around here on farkin manage to find such articles and facts and what ever else it is that's found.

To the point though.$20 million,either way it better be some good bloody advertising for anti-terroism(what ever it shall be) or this bike path(also,what ever it be) better be bike parthy like.

It would'nt be a bad idea of having anti terroist ads about,wether it be t.v or bill boards,though one thinks,when it comes to the stage of society when you advertise about terroism that our world has become so corrupt and all that blah blah blah non-sense that will send everyone into anerchy.Though the sad realisation is that it has come to that point in time.

As on the other hand with the bike path,it could be an excuse for lazy people to get fit.For those that already ride could enjoy a safer environment of using such a path(meaning hopefuly not getting run over),though the crime rate would go up for obviosue reasons(you know,getting shanked for your bike).It would also help take your mind off the terroist ad campaign.