which am bike for vic trails?

cicot

Likes Dirt
I'm having hard times choosing my new rig.
Problem is that I haven't ridden much around Victoria so I'm a bit concern about buying a long travel am bike if there won't be many trails to suit it.
At the moment I'm deciding between the Bronson alloy or the Banshee Rune v2 but I only had the chance to ride the Bronson (1 size up to mine though) which has an amazing accelaration and an efficient pedalling, I don't what the rune is like on uphills.
Did anyone demo both and give a little review?
I'd really appreciated it.
Thanks

teK--

Eats Squid
There are heaps of places in Melb and Vic which will take advantage of longer travel bikes.

You can't go wrong buying something around 130-140 travel it will do everything aside from full blown DH trails and won't be too much of a pig around the more XC orientated parks like Lysterfield or Forrest.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Loads of trails to suit a 150-160mm bike. You won't be disappointed if you buy something in that range.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I have got a rune, pedals quite nice up the hills as long as you sit and spin, almost no feedback at all.

Comparing the Bronson to the Rune, the bronson is lighter with less travel, the rune is a fair bit heavier if you are a weight weenie, but very much overbuilt.

cicot

Likes Dirt
thanks for your answers, I really like both bikes.
I don't think it's a matter of weight, also because the difference would be no more than 350gr but the pedalling, I was really impressed how well the bronson run but I'm a bit concern about taking it for a shuttle day.
Probably I'll be driven by my wallet :)

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Whats the prices for both? the Rune with a CCDBA is 2300 Au last I looked, great price for a frame with a high end shock.