Which bike please? Newbie needs some help.

Hey guys,

I am looking at getting a bike which will basically be used at skateparks, some off road and cruising to Uni.

I have narrowed down my search to the following:

Giant Brass
Norco 250 (understand this will be second hand to cater for my budget)
GT Chucker

Also, I have pretty much no idea about bikes. The last two weeks have been doing my head in with all the research/bike shop visits. I am not looking at spending more than $700 and would prefer something with adjustable front suspension.

Are the bikes I mentioned alright? Will they be comfortable for cruising around semi long distance?

Appreciate help in advance.

A.ecky

Squid
When you say semi far how far is that? Haha some people perceive distances differently. And is there hills where you are riding? Hills are a b**ch on a 250.

boads 250

Likes Dirt
hey mate i have a norco 250 for sale if you want

if you what forks that you can change the travel you will have to fork out so more money than 700

pm me if you are interested in my bike

huffys, good for first bike???

Hey guys
Just started getting into down hill after going out with mates
and giving it a go. Really keen in buying a bike and getting started myself
So whats a good bike for a starter??? I i was laughed at when suggesting a huffy but i dont see how they can be that bad, for a starting bike??
Any suggestions??

Cheers

Go with a STP or the giant. The norco is a great bike but a real pain if your riding a bit of distance especially hills. The stp probably has a lot more potential for modification, but either that or the Giant are oth great for the park, and just cruising. Have fun :)

if your looking street/park go for a p1 or p2, dj or light dh go for the 250 or 4x and dh go for the stp... really its a matter on personal opinion and wat suits your riding style, for a first timer an stp would be the best as they pretty much suit to any style

jet-ski

Squid
chuckers are heavy as... not sure what they are good for... I was looking at them until I rode one... I got an STP instead... pretty happy so far

Andobrahh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have narrowed down my search to the following:

Giant Brass
DONT DO It!!!!! Im my opinion (knowing 4 people that own one) they are one of the crappest brand name hartails that have been designed. They dont have one good part on them and and the frame itself is as heavy as lead(sp?).... along with the parts on it I guess. I stongly recomend almost anything else.

kona boy!

Likes Bikes
for skate parks i thing a Commencal Absolut (any form the range) would be good for your riding style:) if your willing to spend 1000+ but if not you can brass because there i thing the best for there price.

Stevo95

Squid
Hey guys
Just started getting into down hill after going out with mates
and giving it a go. Really keen in buying a bike and getting started myself
So whats a good bike for a starter??? I i was laughed at when suggesting a huffy but i dont see how they can be that bad, for a starting bike??
Any suggestions??

Cheers
trust me
a huffy is a really bad idea for a begginers dh bike. look 4 something like a second hand norco atomik or a second hand kona stinky. my friend got an 07 one 4 $1,100