which fork, RS Pike or Fox 34?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
All the reviews and comments on forums regarding the Pikes are 100% positive. All the benefits of a Fox 36 without the weight penalty. Personally I find the 15mm only axle option on the 34s pretty bloody annoying...

Last edited:

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
I'm having the same issue. I have not yet read a bad review for the Pikes, and i have the 2013 Fox forks and they are terribad, however i havent seen an indepth review of the 2014 ones. The other problem is i cant bring myself to have a bike with RS Pike and a Fox Kashima rear shock...

moorey

call me Mia
All the reviews and comments on forums regarding the Pikes are 100% positive. All the benefits of a Fox 36 without the weight penalty. Personally I find the 15mm only axle option on the 34s pretty bloody annoying...
Are you aware of pike axle sizing?..

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the FOX , but there both great forks .
I have the 2013 talis 34`s , there a great forks really great but the decent mode is crap . They don`t seem to ramp up like the older talis and in D mode they dive badly . The trail mode is excellent and you can rally the hell out of them with no need to put them in the C or D mode ever . But FOX say they have fixed the problem this year and the 2013 can be reshimed . The cool thing about the the float is they can be lowered which really allows for great geo set up , 10mm higher or lower may not seem huge but it is on a trail /XC bike .

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Pike seem interesting. It's not often you see bad reviews for anything this early though.
I still think I'm leaning towards some 27" Bos though.
Fox seem to have dropped the ball a bit.

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
After 2 personal failures of fox forks and 4 of my Mates had them as OEM on their bikes 12's and 13 bikes and all of them split the FIT cartridge.

The new Enduro has Pikes. Order placed. So for me.... It has to be pikes.

moorey

call me Mia
I know it's all about efficiency these days....I can accept tapered only, but also 15mm only is a lame decision. Given a couple of years for trickle down and S/H....I'll be grabbing these.
I much prefer RS over Fox, but they left the door open there with the gap between the 32mm revs and the 35mm lyric.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
The pike's are incredible and only come second to the boss forks which are virtually unavailable due to supply issues.

I have gone from some fox 32 150mm talas forks and the difference is night and day. The fox never felt that great but the pike's just work and have 35mm stanchions which make it quite burly...

The pike's have been the best mod to the jekyll so far, more so than the enve rims... I can now pick any line even if its a crap one through a rock garden and it ploes through with pin point precision.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
looks like Pike seem to be the flava. i've ben running a set of RS Rev WC's for over 2 years and never done a service, should probably get round to it....

i've riden a few sets of new Fox though with CTD/Trail Adjust, the trick is to run ablut 10psi higher than you normally would, set the CTD to T, set the Trail Adjust to 1, lively, don't dive and still plush.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
The pike's are incredible and only come second to the boss forks which are virtually unavailable due to supply issues.

I have gone from some fox 32 150mm talas forks and the difference is night and day. The fox never felt that great but the pike's just work and have 35mm stanchions which make it quite burly...

The pike's have been the best mod to the jekyll so far, more so than the enve rims... I can now pick any line even if its a crap one through a rock garden and it ploes through with pin point precision.
you are repetitively comparing apples and oranges. of course a 35mm fork will feel stiffer than a 32mm fork, that's what it's supposed to do.

mint355

Likes Dirt
I've had the fox 34. And I have the new pikes now so much stiffer and feel 10 times better than the ctd 34.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Something I'm struggling with here being a Fox fan for so long, between the bewildering CTD system and what is near 300g weight penalty also...but RS stuff has such a cheap Suntour-esq quality and finish.

But I'm still holding out till Sea Otter next month and hopefully a Fox reprise....