Which headset for M6

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a Intense M6 and have been running a FSA zero stack headset. While it works ok it doesnt seal well and lets alot of dirt in which inturn makes it creak.

I want to replace it with something similar.

So I am looking for a 1.5 headset zero stack(or close to) to suit a 1,1/8 steerer.

Was thinking about a Chris King Inset, has anyone used them??

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
Not sure if a CK InSet will fit, dude.

What bikes are compatible with InSet™?
Inset is compatible with any bike with dimensions that match the existing standards to which we've produced InSet™. For example, for 1 1-8” you will need the inner diameter (ID) of the bicycle headtube to be 44mm (+0, -.05). There are a number of bicycles in the market now with compatible headtubes such as models from Giant, Trek, Gary Fisher, Santa Cruz, Jamis and Pivot. InSet™ is not a proprietary system to King or any specific frame manufacturer.If the numbers match up, you've got compatibility. The proper reaming and facing of your frame's headtube is absolutely essential with InSet™. Please talk to your service advisor or mechanic about InSet installation and assembly.
http://chrisking.com/headsets/hds_inset

blakeo_2233

Likes Dirt
E-13, maybe although they seem very similar to the FSA ones. SUnline also make them I think. I run an FSA and havn't had any creaking out of it yet. Only had it for a few months though.

lloydo

Likes Dirt
dont get a sunline v1 headset. i put one on mine and the bearings went rusty and seized up after 2 months. no mud, just from washing bike with a sponge. had to replace bearings, and hope they have better seals.

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whatever you do, get the headtube faced.
I love Intense, but if your headset's not sitting correctly you might be a victim of Intense's notorious quality control.
Assuming the headset cups were pressed in properly, of course.
If you go Chris King, make sure you get a facing, anyway - they avoid Cane Creek's aheadset patent fees by not using the compression wedge that makes up for poor alignment - so facing is particularly important with CK products.
Think that applies to the InSet as well.

wagon boy

Likes Dirt
dont get a sunline v1 headset. i put one on mine and the bearings went rusty and seized up after 2 months. no mud, just from washing bike with a sponge. had to replace bearings, and hope they have better seals.
agreed, avoid the sunline headset. mine has been poo from day dot.