Which mobile phone would you recommend?

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And why?

I'm after a prepaid. Nothing too steep price wise but plenty of features & GOOD SOUND.

We have a Nokia 6610i at the moment & it's really crap, can't hear a thing if anyone calls in any place other than a very quiet room etc. An no the sound can't be turned up any louder!

Anyone got a Motorolla V360? I think I can get it in a prepaid pack for $99 at the moment which sounds like a super deal.

ScottD

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Samsung D600 Sell for $600 outright
Vodafone has em for $299 and they are not simlocked. 1.3mp camera, 96mb memory, MP3 Player

PM me i will hook you up

Dougy

Likes Dirt
Nokia/Telstra is a really bad mix. Shitty service from Telstra means my Nokia battery lasts 2 days at the most.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
funny i was just going to post this up.
im getting a phone through work. catch is i only have certain credit. after that i have to pay for the difference.
i really want the Sony w810i, but the upgrade fee is like $300.
i can get a D600 for $60, or a d820 for $200.
Any other phones similar that people can reccomend?
i want somthing with upgradable memory, and a decent MP3 player and camera... pref 2MP.

am i stupid to spend 300 on the sony? what are they worth?

b_star

Likes Bikes
Hey 636,

I just emailed a dude about a price on the W810i and he said $470, out right and unlocked.

On another note anyone know anything about the o2 Atom?

bazza

look at me
check out ebay for the new nokia slide phone. whatever its called. they were going for about 350-400 when i saw them. unlocked of course. i think RRP on them is like 600 or something. seem pretty decent!

S.P.G.

Likes Dirt
I got a samsung d600 if you look around maybe you can get that prepaid im not too sure but you can always get it on a fairly cheap plan and the best service provider ive found is vodafone. They have good deals.

Goobs

Likes Dirt
Voadfone just gave me an E770, and its crap. Constant echoes, seem to be forever calling people back after dropouts. A couple of mates got the same deal, and are experiencing the same problems. Its my first time with a Moto, so I dont know if they are all the same, but I will be avoiding Motorola's from now on.

I am so wishing I hadn't killed my old Sony Ericcson. I might even go buy one. I've been avoiding Nokia's, they seem to last long enough that the warranty expires, then they die. Ok, so I might be tough on my mobile, but they should be built for the occasional drop, kick etc etc.

Robb

Likes Dirt
mr636 said:
i really want the Sony w810i, but the upgrade fee is like $300.
i can get a D600 for $60, or a d820 for $200.
Any other phones similar that people can reccomend?
i want somthing with upgradable memory, and a decent MP3 player and camera... pref 2MP.

am i stupid to spend 300 on the sony? what are they worth?
I recently got a K750i, i couldnt really see too many advantages with the w810i over the 750i. Am very happy with it so far, haven't had a problem with not being able to hear people speak or anything. i dont now how hard it would be to find one these days tho, they have kinda been discontinued?

Has expandable memory, i only have a 64mb card in mine at the moment, and haven't tried out the MP3 playing yet (i have a seperate mp3 player..)

The camera's in these phones are very good, here is 2 shots i have taken with the k750i

Its on a $30 plan, but have seen them go for around the $340 mark on ebay (+ a huge amount for shipping, generally around $60)

danv

Likes Dirt
I bought my phone for $5 at a market. It's small light, makes calls, sends messages, and never lets me down. I'm on a $15 monthly plan and rarely spend more than 15 per month.

udi

swiss cheese
Robb said:
The camera's in these phones are very good, here is 2 shots i have taken with the k750i
Not really thread relevant, but i've owned a w800i since the start of the year and it can take some pretty nice shots too. Might be the same cam as the k750, 2mp right? I've attached a few recent ones taken with it. Middle two were shot with macro on.

The w800 comes with some highend fontopia headphones and the jack adaptor, and the audio is pretty impressive too with a nice graphic equalizer (will play movies/videoclips too). Came with a 512mb memstick to stuff it all on - but they are available in up to 4gb now which is crazy. Definitely a very functional line of phones the k700/w800 series.

Attachments

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I recently got a K750i, i couldnt really see too many advantages with the w810i over the 750i. Am very happy with it so far, haven't had a problem with not being able to hear people speak or anything. i dont now how hard it would be to find one these days tho, they have kinda been discontinued?

Has expandable memory, i only have a 64mb card in mine at the moment, and haven't tried out the MP3 playing yet (i have a seperate mp3 player..)

well i can get one of those free... dont really like the menu systems on them as much as the 800s. but app you can upgrade the firmware?
hmmmmmmm
i really want it as a multi media thing. i want to be able to take snaps at work, and also have the tunes on there for riding as well.
are the k750s still as functional as mp3 players, as the walkman branded phones?

Robb

Likes Dirt
mr636 said:
well i can get one of those free... dont really like the menu systems on them as much as the 800s. but app you can upgrade the firmware?
hmmmmmmm
i really want it as a multi media thing. i want to be able to take snaps at work, and also have the tunes on there for riding as well.
are the k750s still as functional as mp3 players, as the walkman branded phones?
Well they play mp3's and have short cut buttons to skip tracks, volume etc. I beleive one of hte mian benefits of the w800~ series is that you can play mp3's while the phone is switched off eg. benefit if you want to use it for music on a plane.
I have owned several sony-erissons so dont have an issue with the menu system.
As udi pointed out, the w800 ones have much better headphones and come standard with a 512, the k750 comes with some pretty ordinary head phones and only 64mb.
Edit: i beleive that the camera's in the phones are both the same.

sutho

Squid
not much on advice, but definately steer clear of the nokia 6230i. Its a complete piece of shit, mines been warranty repaired twice, and the customer service i received from nokia was completely crap. which is dissapointing because the two phones i owned before it were a 6100 and 3310and they were awesome

Rik

logged out
Another vote for the w800i. I'm very picky with electronics but it's one of the best phones I've ever used... everything makes sense, the MP3 functionality is great and the camera is fantastic (for a phone). What's even better is they're getting cheaper every week ;)

Now all I need is a 2gig memory stick and I'll be set.

custard

Banned
i got a sony erricson k708i (3 mobile)

i think its awesome

1.3 mp camera

32mb memory

good video

good photos

radio

the list goes on and on

and coverage on the 3 network is awesome, when its not on 3 its on telstra!

highly reccomend it

Martin.au

Likes Dirt
Robb said:

Its on a $30 plan, but have seen them go for around the $340 mark on ebay (+ a huge amount for shipping, generally around $60)
I love the k750i except for the random crashes I get. It's bloody annoying. I normally get a crash when turning the camera mode on, with the keylock on. I also get other random crashes occasionally. I'll have to see if there's a new update when I'm near my PC again.

Oh yeah, I agree. The camera is awesome.

With regard to MP3's. It's not bad. The radio works well, however you're stuck with the headphones that they give you. It uses a special cable and plug for them.

Edit: Crashes fixed in latest update. 3/7/6

Last edited: