which pedal?

Tankass

Likes Dirt
hey guys,need some suggestion.
i m thinking to go spd but i m not sure which is better?
i m now deciding between the shimano Dx m646 or the crank bro mallet C.
so what do guys suggest and why?

shorty

Likes Dirt
Well i don't ride platform clipless, but mallet c's would be my first choice, and for multiple reasons:

1. Great Mud Clearance
2. Wicked Grip Plates If You Need To Unclip
3. NOT FARKIN SHIMANO

I came close to buying mallet c's, but i've got used to flats!

AGAIN, GO THE EGGIES!!!

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
as much as i dont like shimano
their SPD pedal Dx m646

is aboslutley excellent, have had mine for over 6yrs
and i bought them second hand, i havent touched them maybe a quick clean every 3 yrs
you really cant go wrong with these pedals

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
yeah a mate of mine has the eggbeater ones there pritty good.i think that there bigger then the dxspd's but there lighter witch is good. yeah mud clearance shits all over the spd's

Dane

Likes Dirt
i've never had much mud issues with my dx's. mind you i'm a pussy and don't go on muddy trail rides all that often. wouldn't want to get my bike dirty or andything.

i'm use to spd's so i'd imagine egg beaters would take some getting use to. i personally like the fact that spd's have much less float. you still get enough to avoid knee problems, and be comfortable etc. but when you wan't to get out, you can, and with ease. plus it is easier to tell when you've become unclipped. i haven't actually tried egg beaters but i find the idea of have a large degree of float unerving.

on the flip-side my cousins boyfriend went form spd's to egg-beaters and loves them! plus those crank bro's look sexable. :p
i'm sure which ever you choose tankass, they will keep whatever bike you choose to put them on just as PIMP!

btw which bike will they go on tankass? my money is on the msisle.

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Check out the time atac z's!!!
They have the reputable atac clipless feature and also have a steady platform for breaking in and out.... they also look awesome and aren't too expensive, especially in comparison to some of the egg beaters.

Tankass

Likes Dirt
iLikeBasS said:
i've never had much mud issues with my dx's. mind you i'm a pussy and don't go on muddy trail rides all that often. wouldn't want to get my bike dirty or andything.

i'm use to spd's so i'd imagine egg beaters would take some getting use to. i personally like the fact that spd's have much less float. you still get enough to avoid knee problems, and be comfortable etc. but when you wan't to get out, you can, and with ease. plus it is easier to tell when you've become unclipped. i haven't actually tried egg beaters but i find the idea of have a large degree of float unerving.

on the flip-side my cousins boyfriend went form spd's to egg-beaters and loves them! plus those crank bro's look sexable. :p
i'm sure which ever you choose tankass, they will keep whatever bike you choose to put them on just as PIMP!

btw which bike will they go on tankass? my money is on the msisle.
thanks guys for the suggestions.i alreadi have a choice in my mind but i jus need more confirmation to backup my decision.
and yeah ,$5 to u for winning the bet.u want it through paypal,credit card or western union? :lol: