Which trail bike? Django/Sight/Fuel

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all,

Any thoughts/comments on which of the following to choose? Looking for a 'fun' bike that will be used for riding all around Vic (and potentially elsewhere) up until the terrain turns into "shuttle day" territory and I'll use my Strive instead. I'm a terrible climber so any additional assistance I can get from well set up bike is greatly appreciated as well.

2018 Devinci Django Carbon 29er (120) with 140mm Pike and Code brakes
2019 Fuel Ex9.8
2019 Norco Sight C2
All can be got for about the same price.

Or, am I better off saving my $$ for upgrades and grabbing a 2017 version of the Fuel Ex 9.8 for around $2k less?

Cheers

Yet1

Likes Dirt
I was in the same boat as you (OP) - having narrowed down to the Fuel EX9.8, Django, Scott Spark 910 but the Norco Optic rather than the Sight. I ended up with a Yeti SB4.5 as I accidentally walked into the wrong bike shop.

ualf

Likes Dirt
I had a Fuel EX9.8 for about 4 years. Still miss it.

Warranty support from Trek has been very good too.

If you get the Fuel go for the previous year and use the money you save to swap out the wheels. I have not found Bontrager wheels to be the most reliable.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is a neat looking rig, you've done well.

Sidebar, how is the Aggresor as a rear?
I'm currently running Minion DHF F & R and want something a little quicker rolling in the back

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is a neat looking rig, you've done well.

Sidebar, how is the Aggresor as a rear?
I'm currently running Minion DHF F & R and want something a little quicker rolling in the back
I'm a big fan of the Aggressor and have run on it my last few bikes (Trek hardtail and Canyon Strive). Has enough traction for most of Victoria's terrain and rolls very well unless it is really wet/muddy. The only times I've ever though I should have changed it out was in Rotorua after a lot of rain where the tracks were very slimy and I was sliding all over the place; and a shuttle day at Buller where I forgot to swap it out for a DHR

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
ah - either work network or browser settings don't like the authentication on those URLS. I can view fine on phone though.

Looks fantastic though - loving all these shorter travel but aggressive looking rides around now

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
@Oddjob spruiking your bike in other peoples threads.
Not having a bike that's sexy enough to generate it's own interest.

Shiggy digs, my nigs!
Guilty as charged. If the OP is happy to wait till next month to post his Devinci I would be happy to *ahem* arbitrage votes. PM to deal.

If @Zaf could count he would see that the mean green machine leads replies and views for the month.

There issuch a thing as overexposure oddjob
Not when there's $50 up for grabs.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk