Whisky!

soontir

Likes Dirt
Are we including bourbon in this mix, if so, Widow Jane would be a favorite
Also prefer Irish and Japanese Whiskey over traditional Scotch Whiskey.
Just not that keen on the peat taste.

Last edited:

omac

Likes Dirt
Wild Turkey 101 or Jack Daniels Old No.7 but Crown Royal Canadian Whiskey is by far my favorite.

noddy

Likes Dirt
+1 for the Talisker Storm, very niccce

ATM I'm trying Glenfiddich Reserve Cask. Was a gift through duty free, not bad but not great either. I usualy go with 1-2 cubes of ice.

moorey

call me Mia
Forgot to ask, knuckles, how was the Sullivans received by the birthday boy? Did you tell him it was meant to be a good drop?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Costco had JW Double Black on special, so I thought what the hell. I find myself oddly conflicted - drinking something with a Johnnie Walker label on it and not hating it.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Costco had JW Double Black on special, so I thought what the hell. I find myself oddly conflicted - drinking something with a Johnnie Walker label on it and not hating it.

Did you find the lump of charcoal they slip into every bottle?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I take it back... Double Black is well deserving of the Johnny Walker label after all. A couple of glasses to get over the peaty and reveal the very crappy whisky underneath. I'll use it as a peat flavour additive for something drinkable but neutral like Glenlivet 12yo.

stirk

Burner
I take it back... Double Black is well deserving of the Johnny Walker label after all. A couple of glasses to get over the peaty and reveal the very crappy whisky underneath. I'll use it as a peat flavour additive for something drinkable but neutral like Glenlivet 12yo.
A mate at work is well proud to be stock piling black for his wedding, I don't have the arsehol in me to him its crap.

I guess for someone who does not drink whisky it might be good.

What about the blue? Never had it, turned off by price and name, any good, does the blue redeem the name?

link1896

Mr Greenfield

I'm sure I'll be struck by lightening for saying this. Mix JW Double Black with kirks lemonade.

willsy01

Eats Squid
That's a $350 dollar bottle my friend.......probably more given it's limited edition. Best single malt in the world for 2014.

Last edited: