Whisky!

indica

Serial flasher
Did anything happen @indica?
No, didn't end up buying anything. Probably should have.
Drank LOADS of Arrack in Sri Lanka though, The white stuff was good but the darker stuff gave me nasty hangovers.... Made me want to blow myself up.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cheers for the heads up.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
At that price per litre! They have a fee scotch sales on at the moment - ~$150 down to $99.

Ohhh, got one of those a few months back. Haven't sampled it yet but it will be big day when I do.
Its a great whisky. Lots of flavour and aroma, a big giver. It's strong and is favoured by a bit of breathing time when you're taking it neat. Don't put it in a tumbler!!! You want to capture those aromatic vapours. It mixes nicely as well, carried by that high abv. Fuck off with the coke! Soda water + lime, or as I recently discovered a bit of fresh or cloudy apple juice.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Its a great whisky. Lots of flavour and aroma, a big giver. It's strong and is favoured by a bit of breathing time when you're taking it neat. Don't put it in a tumbler!!! You want to capture those aromatic vapours. It mixes nicely as well, carried by that high abv. Fuck off with the coke! Soda water + lime, or as I recently discovered a bit of fresh or cloudy apple juice.
With those big alcohol %, I had to add it to the stable.

I only put a drop of water it it. No ice and coke is only reserved for whisky where you need to hide the taste, like 100 Pipers and others from the kerosene aroma range.

Cloudy apple juice. Did you learn that one from work?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cloudy apple juice. Did you learn that one from work?

Did I learn it? Fuck no! I invented it...well sort of. Popular cocktail place here does fresh granny Smith juice with fireball. It's prety popular among their customers but not exactly my style. While I was most recently in Japan I ended up in a very small bar in an area that grows Fuji apples about the size of a grape fruit. The old guys that owned the bar had the menu of:
  • Beer
  • Whisky on the rocks
  • Sake
  • Shochu
  • Apple juice.

They made the apple juice themselves and it was a very cloudy juice. I instantly knew what had to be done...Whisky Ringo! The old guy that spoke a bit of English was shocked, confused, and obliging...he also poured one for his buddy and himself. It was excellent,cthey both liked it, he pulled down the menu and added it right then. Throw in a little soda water or lemonade if you want to fizz it up. But remember it's about balance...so everything in somewhat equal amounts.

stirk

Burner
In fairness, it is the same price as at Nicks Liquor now, but now you can have some Laphroaig goodness while shopping for generic soap products and frozen pizza.

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-...il/ps/p/laphroaig-10yo-scotch-whisky-700ml-1/
Timely! Lucky for me the wife is on a morning mission to grab a tv mounting thingamajig. I've got an order for some led light strips and now a bottle of peaty goodness! Cheer Mr C

PS, I may be riding Winmalee tomorrow morning. Short notice is at least some notice ;)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Timely! Lucky for me the wife is on a morning mission to grab a tv mounting thingamajig. I've got an order for some led light strips and now a bottle of peaty goodness! Cheer Mr C

PS, I may be riding Winmalee tomorrow morning. Short notice is at least some notice ;)
It is one sale on the 15th. Postpone the Aldi visit.

We might head up there too. Have a few thing to do here so see if time is on our side. Will look out for the Kona. I, usually park in the car park at the end of White Cross road.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Tried a few whiskies recently, nothing particularly fancy among them:
  • Glendronach 12 year. This straight up sucks. It is thin, flat, and sharp with fuck all of the proclaimed sherry notes. I fucked around with it for a while and couldn't get any joy from it.
  • Jura 12 year. Again this sucks. It started sharp with a very slight hint of smoke. I let it breath for quite a while and the sharpness subsided but the flavours didn't develop, except the slight smoke became slightly more. American oak Bourbon barrels? Sherry casks? I think the spirit was perhaps shown photographs of these casks rather than put into them.

They were up against some solid competition. Glenfarclas made a few appearances (fresh apple juice + 105 is a good combo if you want a longer drink). Also stepped aside from whisky for St Agnes xo 20 year old brandy which is sensational and the always triumphant Diplomatica Reserva and Mantuano rums.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Have you licked an ashtray filled with cigar butts, sea water, and partly dried kelp before?
It is an acquired taste sir, just like matcha lattes.

Go Islay, Speyside taste more medicinal to my delicate palate. Jim Beam is the ultimate in medicine tastes IMHO.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Got given a bottle of Jamieson cold brew and some glenrothe reserve. Still barely touched the A'bunadh yet or the black barrel Jamieson. Still enjoying my maker's and jumping goat.