Whistler 2012

Loudvq

Likes Dirt
What a rad place to start a coffee business!!! I'm there in 24hrs if any one is keen to meet up for a ride send me a pm

buffy

Likes Dirt
whistler has got to be the worst place to open any business. its incredible how many have gone broke in the past 5 years ive been here. whats even more incredible are the morons who reopen another one in the same spot the one that just went broke in thinking they'll make it work.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I'll send you a photo of my shit Canadian coffee, and then later in the day i'll send you photos of my bike beside the trail sign for Dirt Merchant, then a photo of some sweet Canadian beer... And i'm sure you'll also get a photo of an x-ray, or protruding bone or something. :bounce:
Don't get an x-ray man, they're waay too expensive over there! It might be cheaper to buy your own x-ray machine... Just gaffa tape it all together and keep riding, I wish I had :(

Yep, with the shit coffee and all it's really not worth the trip...

cruxpitch

Likes Dirt
You are a very funny man Rob. However, a private consortium funding a Trauma hospital in Whistler......................... Now that just may be a good little earner!

Doggy

Inconceivable!
On the topic of their wonderful beers I found them very very tasty but cant drink them because I cant sleep after drinking them. Very odd, I can drink Captn morgans and coke all night and sleep like a sack of shit but kokanee and BAM! I am like a fucking squirrel which is bad when you are trying to sleep

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What sort of local micro-brewery beers are there? I'm hoping for a bit of variety, not just the Canadian version of Carlton Draught.

beardi

Likes Dirt
A brewery in Van Island called Phillips make the best beers I tried in BC. Best range of real beer is at the blackcomb liquor store in the upper village. All cold too! So much good beer in that part of the world, criminal to drink Kokanee and all that shit!

s.dogg

Likes Dirt
So you wouldnt approve of the PBR i drinking right now Beardy?
Going to be sick when you get here. Garbo stuff going to be so sweet and top of world trail is amazing!

beardi

Likes Dirt
So you wouldnt approve of the PBR i drinking right now Beardy?
Going to be sick when you get here. Garbo stuff going to be so sweet and top of world trail is amazing!

I'm pumped Scotty, massive surprise! Can't wait, but you'll need to go easy on me as I will look like one of those tourists on hire bikes going 10km/hr down A-line and getting 3 inches of fully sick air!

PBR will not touch my lips, i'm pretty sure it's not even real beer

L-iam

Likes Bikes
pbr is rad. its cheap and gets you drunk.

went had lunch at a good brewery in squampton a few weeks ago. was tasty.

buffy

Likes Dirt
rode top of the world today. it was alright, but what made it absolutely amazing was that it drops you into ride dont slide which is fucking epic. riding through mcconkeys trees and shit, it took us over an hour to get down and we were fucked by the end of it. get amungo boys, definitely worth the $16.

spyderman_au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
rode top of the world today. it was alright, but what made it absolutely amazing was that it drops you into ride dont slide which is fucking epic. riding through mcconkeys trees and shit, it took us over an hour to get down and we were fucked by the end of it. get amungo boys, definitely worth the $16.
When we were there 3 years ago we didn't do top of the world, but, we did the push up and did, ride don't slide. How awesome is it???!!?!?!?!?

s.dogg

Likes Dirt
If you wanna ride RDS in ok condition (Its alot worse than even last year at the moment) get there soon as 100 riders a day are going to kill the trail very quickly.

buffy

Likes Dirt
agree with above. it was very muddy in spots.
its good that you can pay $16 to get into it without pushing but bad that it will get lots of traffic now.
best trail in whistler imo

bigred86

Likes Bikes
slightly off topic hi jack

not sure if it has been covered in this thread but i'm heading over to whistler next july..and was looking at getting a new ride..my question is should i buy a rig before i head over or get one there..is it much cheaper to buy a bike in canada?..obviously i would save on freight one way but i would also be on a bike i'm not used to, on trails i've never ridden..so yeah anyone who's been over there and can offer some wisdom it would be appreciated.

buffy

Likes Dirt
not sure if it has been covered in this thread but i'm heading over to whistler next july..and was looking at getting a new ride..my question is should i buy a rig before i head over or get one there..is it much cheaper to buy a bike in canada?..obviously i would save on freight one way but i would also be on a bike i'm not used to, on trails i've never ridden..so yeah anyone who's been over there and can offer some wisdom it would be appreciated.
my 2c.

i brought my new bike over with me, used it at thredbo and some local trails so i got used to it before i got here. it was a bit of a pain in the ass bringing it over but im glad i did.

issues with buying a bike here. i wouldnt buy a 2nd hand whistler bike mainly because they get so trashed riding the park. a day in whistler park puts way more wear and tear on parts than anywhere else imo. brakes will be wrong way around too and from what ive seen they're not really much cheaper but i guess that depends what your looking at buying. eg my 2012 operator i bought for $3100 aud and i saw one selling for $3200cad

my mate broke his collar bone again on a line today. damn shame.