who has ever snapped their frame??

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Anthing can snap though.

My bro just snapped my old ride. An 02 P3. But it certainly helps to buy the right bike in the first place :)

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
i've cracked an old KHS fxt comp and my mates brother snapped a kona muni mula?. Not a snap but one of my other mates has WORN a hole in his chainstay on his raceline rhino trials bike and still does drops on it... I've also had a different mate crack a gary fisher betty level 1

naz

Criminally Inane
snapped a 200 giant atx840 downtube...gotta love xc bikes
and last week my 03' norco one25

SquarkyD

Likes Dirt
snapped my chrome mongoose frame about 4 yrs ago, broke the tube not the weld :shock: . got an upgraded frame (IBOC Pro SX) and a new set of chainrings (the others had 6 teeth ground off when they slid along the ground) so i want that pissed off.

Rik

logged out
Sorry, sorry, I apologise about my earlier statement.

I have broken one bike, my steel F.Moser roadie. Cracked it at the join of the seatstay and seat tube. Mind you, that was the era that my sprint was at its best and I rode like a nutter, and also perfected rear wheel hops on it.
I finish a race, thinking something felt a bit sluggish, and when packing the bike away, my brother informed me that I'd inadvertantly made it a softtail :shock:

Damo

Likes Dirt
naz said:
snapped a 200 giant atx840 downtube...gotta love xc bikes
I snapped one of them too. Was pretty cool feeling at the time, i was like, hey i must ride so hard how cool am I. Then I got a Rainer on warranty & this time I snapped the chain stay learning to do some trials manuvers. This time warranty wasn't so gracious in giving me another frame (funny they must be able to tell when your lying, "no I don't do jumps on my bike" ;-)) anyways while I was saving for a new rig I borrowed my girlfriends brother's Giant Rincon & needless to say I eventually snapped it (sorry dude).

Now I just got to save a few quid and Mr GripSport is going to fix them up making them stronger than when they were new! :lol:

toodles

Wheel size expert
I've broken a GT timberline (forks and frame), cracked a Mongoose Amplifier, cracked two Avanti Moto AFXs. I only weigh 65-70 kgs and ride like a sissy so I put all of these down to either bad luck or cheap machinery. Now I've got a Crafty 208 and a Norco 125 and they're both stronger than me.

kiwi

Likes Dirt
i snapped the seat tube completely off an 01 marin b-17, i did about a 10ft drop in practice and it just turned into a pile of metal underneith me

fastrider gus

super huck
i snapped my old Apollo when i was about 10... i was doing jumps that are nearly as big as what i do now!
i still have it as a school bike.. my dad welded it back together! lol

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Damo said:
Now I just got to save a few quid and Mr GripSport is going to fix them up making them stronger than when they were new! :lol:
Damn straight! But you don't need THAT many quid.... geez what do you take us for?

... now where's that calculator and the investment portfolio and the holiday brochure for Paris and Kerry Packer's phone number?

Damo

Likes Dirt
Grip said:
Damo said:
Damn straight! But you don't need THAT many quid.... geez what do you take us for?

... now where's that calculator and the investment portfolio and the holiday brochure for Paris and Kerry Packer's phone number?
ha ha ha ha ha :lol: :lol:
i know i know, half of it is finding the time to box the buggers up & get 'em down to ya

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I snapped the fork on my very first bike twice. Gutters were BIG back then. I think it was called a Malvern Star boxer.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Damo said:
Grip said:
Damo said:

ha ha ha ha ha :lol: :lol:
i know i know, half of it is finding the time to box the buggers up & get 'em down to ya
YeeeeHaaa! Now... can we fit London AND Paris in this year???? Hmmm

And while on the subject of broken bikes... I could probably afford to lose a FEW kilos (shut up anyone who knows me!) but the only bike I've ever killed beyond repair was a moto that snapped BOTH sides of the handlebars at once after landing a jump. Farkin thing took off like a squealin pig that thought I was a hillbilly trying to root it... with me face down on the tank, legs out the back, arms down either side... and of course the throttle stuck about as wide open as a tart's walkers. Probably would have been OK 'cept for the big cliff and the even bigger "lake" at the bottom of that. Anyone here know the old Mooraduc Quarry (down the Mornington Peninsula way)? Anyone here got a grappling hook?

That one took a bit of explaining to mum!