Who is NSWMTB?

dirtdemon

Likes Dirt
Excuse my ignorance but who is NSWMTB? I can see that you are organising races, but is that all you do? My club website mentions nothing about a NSW organisation - neither does the MTBA website.

Do I have to join?
Who is on the committee?
What is the aim? Do you have a charter or something?
Which clubs are affilliated?

I may be, and probably am, the only one in NSW who does know, but just in case I'm not perhaps me and alot of others would like to know what it going on.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Basically the commity has been set up this year to help better organise the state series. It's basically the same guys who have been doing it in the past but now in an official compasity which hopefully leads to better organisation and promotion.

It's still up to the individual hosting clubs to organise and put on their races. The commity willset out guidelines and so forth to help bring the level of state races up to where it should be.

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
Glad you fielded that one Flynny.

I was going to say that we are just a bunch of old buggers who scam a few extra bucks out of each rider so we can have a decent piss up after each race.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Squid doesn't drink, he waits till others have and then slips stuff in their drinks.

pyley

NSWMTB
how do i get on the commitee?????? na too much work!

I have to say that nswmtb have done a bang up job. The lithgow state round was a great success. After the hats at thredbo, the class of kit given to each of the podiums was great! The fact that you had 250 plus riders made the transport a bit tricky and who would have thought another chopper was going to be required.....

Keep up the good work!
cause without D/H i'd have nothing to do on weekends.

peace

Last edited:

Dazed&Confuzed

Likes Dirt
What's in the name?
I've been wondering what the "T" stands for in NSWMTB and MTBA.
Is it Mountain and Trails Bike or Mountain and Trials Bike or just MounTain Bike?

Some trivia about names; the controlling bodies of Motorcycling in Australia are the various Auto Cyle Unions. So you have ACUNSW, ACUSA etc. When the Northern Territory had enough riders to form their own group they went against the grain and called themselves the Northern Territory Auto Cycle Union.

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
pyley said:
I have to say that nswmtb have done a bang up job. The lithgow state round was a great success. After the hats at thredbo, the class of kit given to each of the podiums was great! The fact that you had 250 plus riders made the transport a bit tricky and who would have thought another chopper was going to be required.....

Keep up the good work!
cause without D/H i'd have nothing to do on weekends.

peace
]
Wish I would have seen this post earlier.
Norco Australia supplied nearly $1,000 retail value of assorted gear (gloves/bottles/socks/hyration packs/armour/stickers/hookers) as prizes and giveaways on the race day at Lithgow. I cold-called Flynny of ctmtb and Insane Cycles expressing my interest in supporting their round, in lieu of the criticism given to RawNRG, after Thredbo. We weren't asked to do this, although Flynny did say he was going to call me anyway.

It had nothing to do directly with NSWMTB government or their cronies. I have no problem with what NSWMTB are trying to acheive, but it disappoints me when industry get behind this sport and credit is not given to the right people/orgs. This is why alot of industry has been reluctant to donate product in the past. It costs actual money - and because we're in business also (yes - we strive to turn a greedy profit from you all;) ) we'd appreciate a return on our investment. That can be as simple as basic recognition for support to the right area.

Flynny was the one mainly responsible for sorting prizes out at Lithgow, after negotiating with me. Give him the credit for that day's success rested largely on his shoulders. Well done THECAT!!!

ALL HAIL THECAT and the INSANE BOYS!!

It was a terrific round, and we'll hopefully be sticking our heads up with more gear at Stromlo so look out. We, Norco Australia, see the need for industry suppport to make YOUR sport productive. At your next race, DH XC whatever, take note of the support and give thanks. Then those donating will know you're

Rant over.....(he removes tampon for inpection):p

Last edited:

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Sutek said:
It had nothing to do directly with NSWMTB. I have no problem with what NSWMTB are trying to acheive, but it disappoints me when industry get behind this sport and credit is not given to the right people/orgs. This is why alot of industry has been reluctant to donate product in the past. It costs actual money - and because we're in business also (yes - we strive to turn a greedy profit from you all;) ) we'd appreciate a return on our investment. That can be as simple as basic recognition for support to the right area.
Don't get me wrong boofhead, but isn't it your job to make sure you've got an idea of how CTMBC was going to 'promote' your product in return for spono? And if it didn't meet what you had expected, then it could've been addressed eh ;)

Just you wait for the State Championships. You thought the podium at Ourimbah went off last year! HAH ... It's got nuffin

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
I wasn't there unfortunately, but was it widely known among the riders that Norco was sponsoring and contributing to the race??

This is the first I have heard of it.

As much as NSWMTB needs to promote the sport, surley if sponsors come on board for a particular round, the event hosts should be out there plugging the crapper out of whoever puts their hand up to support the event. Like I said, this is the first I have heard of this sponsorship for the lithgow round.

Only need to look at the Buller National Round, the event organisors pretty much stuffed the sponsors down your throat all weekend. It seems to me that Victoria gets the lions share of industry support although this probably revolves more around the amount of industry located down there.

Huge props though to Norco for supporting the event.

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Squidly Didly said:
Don't get me wrong boofhead, but isn't it your job to make sure you've got an idea of how CTMBC was going to 'promote' your product in return for spono? And if it didn't meet what you had expected, then it could've been addressed eh ;)

Just you wait for the State Championships. You thought the podium at Ourimbah went off last year! HAH ... It's got nuffin
Granted beeyatch, but a little hard as I had to go visit the hospital for an unexpected emergency that arvo. Ask me about it later.

BUT, dork, isn't it YOUR job as Prime Minister of NSWMTB to have a handle on all your round organisers and to be in touch with sponsorship for each of them? If you ACTUALLY want to see this work, then you need to be in touch more closely with each round/club management. Commonsense really.
You should have a protocol listed to each affiliated club as to their obligations when it comes to such things as sponsorship. This is pretty basic stuff and if you want to argue it ballboy, we can do it over a bunch of fives:D
TheCat did a great job on the day plugging his sponsors over the PA, as well as getting banners up etc.

ANyway, I'm not crying - we had a great time until I had to leave early for an emergency baby arrival:D We'll be seeing yous at the next one in ACT.

Squid, now I know why you're so damn ugly. How could anything remotely goodlookin grow from such shitty compost;)
Love Slut.
Logging out girls - I'm on a promise.;)

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Sutek said:
Granted beeyatch, but a little hard as I had to go visit the hospital for an unexpected emergency that arvo. Ask me about it later.
Did a 12yo girl on a recumbent riding uphill knock you off your bike again?
Sutek said:
BUT, dork, isn't it YOUR job as Prime Minister of NSWMTB to have a handle on all your round organisers and to be in touch with sponsorship for each of them?
Yep, that's why all the other sponos got their logo on everyones number plate. You were just too slow

You know I still love ya ... bitch :)

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Sutek said:
I cold-called Flynny of ctmtb and Insane Cycles expressing my interest in supporting their round, in lieu of the criticism given to RawNRG, after Thredbo. We weren't asked to do this, although Flynny did say he was going to call me anyway.
The problem most clubs face is getting in touch with the right person. I'm pretty sure we had fired off a emails for previous stuff without results which was why I was over the moon when you rang and offered such great support.

It's great to have some one in the industry that not only wants to help support the races but also gets out there and help promote themselves.

Sutek said:
It had nothing to do directly with NSWMTB government or their cronies. I have no problem with what NSWMTB are trying to acheive, but it disappoints me when industry get behind this sport and credit is not given to the right people/orgs.
To be fair NSWMTBA was/is in it's infancy and had no control over the Thredbo round at all. Nor did it have any control over our round other than teh fact that I went tot he committy meeting and Squid organised for Farken to do the plates.

At the moment we can only offer guidelines to hosting clubs. Next year when organising the series we can say "Well this club/venue/promter dropped the ball lets give someone else a go...."

Hopefully we can get to the stage where NSWMTBA can approach major sponsors directly as an organised body rather than leaving the big stuff up to individual clubs. Time will tell.