Who rides alone ?

wavike

Likes Dirt
Usually ride alone off road. I was exploring a little used forest near me and found a nice gravel track/fire road I hadn't been on before along a creek. Followed it to where it stopped following the creek and a steep rocky fireroad branched off with a No Horses/ No Exit sign. What the heck probably leads to a road and sign only there as too steep for horses. So push bike up ride down then there was another bigger steeper up. So up I went, parts I had to push bike forward grap brakes take a step and repeat. Got to the top eventually and another sign Private Property No exit and still a fair way from the road. So back down I go, sliding the bikes tail around in front use it as a brace take a step down and repeat. Not as much fun as training ride with Ackland me thinks.

Mr Crudley

Eats Squid
"When lights flash, what does god do?"

So many questions, so little time.........

Anyhow, back to the original question.

Group riding is overrated until you have a big off and need someone to:
  1. Take photos
  2. Help you find your way back to the local pharmacy to help put yourself back together
I have had some great group rides with lots o' memories tucked away between my ears but I also like solitude. A solo bike ride is one of those rare 'I've checked out temporarily' times and you should enjoy it.

Although solo night rides always makes you feel like you will get eaten by whatever made that sound in the grass next to you.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Mostly solo, mental aspect has definitely kicked in. Always ride safe first, not as fun but end of the day gotta get home..

Coopz

Likes Bikes
85% of the time by myself, same when I go motorcycle riding. Always find with group rides people become competitive and want to show off. My last mtb ride with some work friends was a scary experience..
I just go at my own pace, if the tide gets too rough or tricky I just get off and push my bike.

Mr Crudley

Eats Squid
85% of the time by myself, same when I go motorcycle riding. Always find with group rides people become competitive and want to show off. My last mtb ride with some work friends was a scary experience..
I just go at my own pace, if the tide gets too rough or tricky I just get off and push my bike.
It is about enjoying yourself in the end. I've done a few races for fun but personally it took away what I enjoyed about riding.

There are always folks that get wound up on bike bling and I am a sucker for that too. It never ends though.

Riding an older fully rigid HT occasionally brings you back and is nice in its own way. Realise then if you really enjoy riding then whatever your have at the time is the best bike in the world.

Go fast, go slow, stop and look at things, whatever you like is what makes it cool.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk