whos going to illinbah?

party76

Likes Dirt
Will, as the old saying goes, "Any advertising is good advertising"... Personally, I think its good to hear how excited these guys are to ride our track..
too right dude! it is a track worthy of the hype! however, some people do get a little carried away with continually posting shit! :mad:

oops this is my second post in this thread!:eek:

shoot me now management! put me out of my misery! i am becoming one of them!:eek:

MitchM

Likes Bikes
I will be there filming, won't be a good video but its going to be a video.
Probably just compile all the clips together to a song like I did for nationals.
I will try get a dolly and jibb arm up on the hill as well as running a slow-mo camera and the HD camera.

Mitch.
Oh is that all .... :p lol wont be a good video at all :rolleyes: looking foward to what you come up with

moodybluebob

Likes Dirt
I will be there filming, won't be a good video but its going to be a video.
Probably just compile all the clips together to a song like I did for nationals.
I will try get a dolly and jibb arm up on the hill as well as running a slow-mo camera and the HD camera.

Mitch.
Yewwww mitch cannot wait to get up there and film with you!
Gonna be an awesome day.

J

JaRedy

In a bad mood last night Will?

I like these threads, they remind me of any races upcoming; they are some of the biggest references to the sunshine series other than race pics; and lastly they can be pretty funny too.:rolleyes:

J

JaRedy

I reckon if we should put all the facilities that Stromlo has and add Illinbah track, we would have the best DH track in the world.
Perhaps a little bit of track widening, epic berm building, and colossal jump building, and it wouldn't be far off!.

komodorider

Likes Dirt
To have a serious chance of getting a bid for worlds at illinbah, it needs a chairlift. I know it is a bit farfetched but could you imagine illinbah with lift access:eek:. A wealthy rider should purchase that block of land and put one in. That is just one of my little dreams for the future anyway:cool:

peace

J

JaRedy

A wealthy rider should purchase that block of land and put one in.
peace
Or a devoted Town Planner could the reigonal stare council to cosider it as an investment into making SE QLD a better place to be by improving liveability and encouraging physical activity to reduce obesity. Stasticts show that Aus is the fattest place in our galaxy.:)

To be perfectly honest, I think it would be better long term than say stromlo. I'd assume there isnt much the riders are going to do in canberra other then rock up and ride and go home, because in all seirousness, Canberra isnt exactly ranked on the list of Australias best tourist destinations.
On the other hand, a WC in say GC will attract far more riders/spectators form ovreseas and interstate for the sheer fact of the city's tourism reputation. You have the beach, theme parks, Brisbane and Gold coast city's, bloody hunderds of other touristy things to do, and lastly a potentially WC standard track. This means more people will come and more people will stay and more people will be spending more money which is contributing to local businesses as well as contributing to softening the blow of the economic crisis.

About 5Billion is being spent on infrastructure at the moment, why not set aside 40M and build a world class facility at illinbah :). It'll contribute to reducting the impact of the Global exonomic crisis by providing short and long term jobs during the building of, say, a chair lift. Plus jobs for staff and ongoing maintence. It will also be more effective than canberra because people will be less inclined to "leave and go" and instead, people will go and be tourists for a while, spending all their tourist money.

I know that sounds far-fetched, but it would he heck cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To have a serious chance of getting a bid for worlds at illinbah, it needs a chairlift. I know it is a bit farfetched but could you imagine illinbah with lift access:eek:. A wealthy rider should purchase that block of land and put one in. That is just one of my little dreams for the future anyway:cool:

peace
Not really, Stromlo got a world cup round and the world championships and there is no chairlift.

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will, as the old saying goes, "Any advertising is good advertising"... Personally, I think its good to hear how excited these guys are to ride our track..
I'm not... I hate the track. :p

It may have a great DH track but it still has to have a great XC, 4X tracks plue trials too. IMO The place isnt big enough either to hold it.

stevenw

Pro Rider
I'm not... I hate the track. :p

It may have a great DH track but it still has to have a great XC, 4X tracks plue trials too. IMO The place isnt big enough either to hold it.
What if i was to tell you that we will soon have a new XC track, with public toilets, benches around the track for spectators and even a car park?...Oh and it will have beautiful views of a really big dam...and its 5k's long and costing $200,000 to build :D

friz

Likes Dirt
Well people we have just finished bunting the track and it is in the best shape that it has been in for a very, very long time. And as for hosting a world cup round with no mention of worlds(champs) it takes people to get it done not talking about it. And there aren't that many people that come out and help so if REALLY want to see GCMTB host a world cup at illinbah then we need more helpers:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

chillywilly

Likes Dirt
you will definetly get a hug from me :]
You're such a troll Duckman, you sneaky son a bitch.

Oh and as of 5 O'clock today the track was bone dry, no wet patches or anything.

Also
Or a devoted Town Planner...

...Stasticts show that Aus is the fattest place in our galaxy.:)...

... softening the blow of the economic crisis...

...I know that sounds far-fetched, but it would he heck cool!
If you want to help me run a world cup in 2017 you can. Thants when i want to hold one, don't say i can't 'Burners, 'coz my dad runs that show (with someother people like Joe, Frazer, Mark, and Roy) at Illinbah.

Jazza that sounds like you did a report for school, or wrote a speech for a debate. (HIGHFIVE)

Last edited: